Rejected from Pitt!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

quaileggs

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, the correspondence they mailed me on 10/9 was a REJECTION letter! They suck-they gushed over my MCAT scores, inviting me to apply, I passed the secondary screen, worked very hard on my secondary(I was very proud of it)....so they reject me early w/o even an interview. This process is nuts. I never expected to get in or interview at every place I applied, but I officially hate Pitt as of today! --Thanks for your forbearance in letting me vent.
Loki--what news for you from Pitt?
:)

Members don't see this ad.

sorry to hear that, quaileggs. =( pitts loss for sure. keep your chin up and remember that when one door closes, another one opens.

dukegirlie ;)

You sure it's not a mistake. I thought Pitt makes decisions ONLY after Feb. 1st. Maybe you should give them a call and ask for verification. Let me know if I am wrong about this information.

Members don't see this ad :)
DNA--maybe that's only for people they interview. Maybe they think some of us are so crummy we get the old heave-ho early. :rolleyes:
Duke Girlie, you're sweet :)

quaileggs,

consider writing a letter to the committee asking what part of you app resulted in their decision. if you are not satisifed with the response, contest it, add supporting docs, if nec, and ask them to reconsider. this is what i'd do, particularly if the school were in my top picks. to echo the other post, it's also possible that you got that letter in error. find out. don't let it go til you know!

Originally posted by quaileggs:
•Well, the correspondence they mailed me on 10/9 was a REJECTION letter! --Thanks for your forbearance in letting me vent.
Loki--what news for you from Pitt?
:)

I did not get the letter yet, but I kinda suspected that it was a reject notice. I think they would have been more direct on the web site if it was good news...

Sorry bout your rejection letter, I will let you know when I receive mine.

:mad:

Don't worry about the "correspondence mail" thing meaning something bad. Mine says the same thing, but I got an interview invite in that correspondence!

Originally posted by lorarp:
•Don't worry about the "correspondence mail" thing meaning something bad. Mine says the same thing, but I got an interview invite in that correspondence!•

Damn...another day of hope. Talk about an emotional rollercoaster ride of a lifetime! I must admit, even though we are risking failure, I personally would not change a thing, rejection or not. IMHO, the rejections will just make the acceptance sweeter.

I must admit, even though we are risking failure, I personally would not change a thing, rejection or not. IMHO, the rejections will just make the acceptance sweeter.

Love your outlook, Loki!

I got that gushy "gee we love your MCAT score, please apply" letter from Pitt too, but after looking into it a bit I didn't. Now I'm glad. It's wierd that they spend all that money sending out a blanket letter and made you go through all that work. What were they after, your secondary fee? To heck with them.

racergirl...yeah the whole thing just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I know there are no guarantees in this process, but that letter leads you on...I think it is sensible to take that letter to indicate that Pitt might at least interview if you apply (Provided that the rest of your app isn't a disaster...which mine isn't). Or they could have taken a little longer to reject me! You are right, its as if they just are casting about for secondary fees.
I like the idea of doing something rude with my rejection letters after I get my first acceptance. Childish yes but sure to be satisfying. :)