Rejected Twice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PAGuyana

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
by the same school-- this month. I just got another rejection e-mail from UNC. WTF?! Seriously, I want to tell them to F*** off. Are they trying to tell me something here?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
by the same school-- this month. I just got another rejection e-mail from UNC. WTF?! Seriously, I want to tell them to F*** off.
basically, dont bother trying again next year either.

Maybe you can multiply them out into an acceptance.

Members don't see this ad :)
2 negatives = 1 positive.

tell them you will accept their offer now! hurry!

Improve your application and apply again... Make sure to find someone to be candid with you about your weaknesses. When you apply again acknowledge you previous weaknesses and then detail what you have done to improve.

An ER doc I used to work with told me that he was rejected three times. After operating his own business for a few years he decided to give medicine another try. He applied and was accepted at the school that had previous said no x 3. By the way he had to first ask permission to retake the MCAT because he had taken so many times!

Don't give up!

No, rejections are additive, so he is now at -2. He'll need 3 acceptances to get in now.

No, rejections are additive, so he is now at -2. He'll need 3 acceptances to get in now.

3 acceptances at the same school is damn near impossible...time to give up

nothing is impossible.

*insert theme for mission impossible here*

Lets look at this from a statistical point of view.

You have two possibilities:

Acceptance

Rejection.

Means dF = 1. Now I'm going to assume that you've expected an acceptance. Unfortionately you've got two rejections.

Chi-squared = (observed - expected)^2/expected.

for acceptances: (-2 - 1)^2/1 = 9

P-value: chidist(9,1) = .0027. Since your p-value is less than .05, I'm sorry, you're not going to get in to UNC.

2nd one was to tell you don't bother applying for residency their either. :p

I dunno what UNC's deal is..

As an undergrad they rejected me twice as well..o_O

Members don't see this ad :)

I completely agree. What you should do now is call and speak to a lower level office worker in the admissions dept. and tell them that your parents lost your acceptance letter/info and that you'll be needing another copy sent, then have them jot down your mailing info and send it to you asap. pay the deposit, fill out the affidavit, boom you're in.

it's just that easy

This happened to me two years ago also! They love to grind it in.

Dear PAGuyana,

We really enjoyed rejecting you the other day and we'd like to take this opportunity to reject you a second time. Basically, we liked you much less than other rejected applicants and we're elated to really seal the deal with this second rejection!

Congratulations to us!

UNC

OP: send them 2 copies of your medical state license circa 2016.

if you're still as upset in 2016.

:D

I failed to get in at my state school (UCONN) twice in a row. Now, I am waiting for a decision for the third time.

Try not to take it personally is all I can suggest. Keep your head up!

I feel your pain - Pitt rejected me two years in a row, after interviews, and they were my #1-Kill-Your-Beloved-Pet-for-Admission school.

Acceptance

Rejection.

Means dF = 1. Now I'm going to assume that you've expected an acceptance. Unfortionately you've got two rejections.

P-value: chidist(9,1) = .0027. Since your p-value is less than .05, I'm sorry, you're not going to get in to UNC.

haha.. oh statistics

Is it possible to resend your secondary to UNC? Perhaps give them a taste of their own medicine?

I feel your pain - Pitt rejected me two years in a row, after interviews, and they were my #1-Kill-Your-Beloved-Pet-for-Admission school.
did you get in the third time or did you not bother trying?

you should call an admissions counselor and rub it in their faces that they caused you serious stress and upset. They might pity accept you.

I can see Russia from my house! Did I mention that you have to be a maverick to get into medical school?

I got the multi-reject from Mayo last year. Think I got stuck in their system, I recall at least 3 "notice of non-selection" emails over a few days. This year I only got rejected one from Mayo, what a step up!

Kind of a cold psychological blow it seems...we don't like you! (wait until tomorrow) we don't like you! (repeat)

Try this when someone asks you to go out with them. "no I'm not interested" and then keep repeating every time you see the person for the next few weeks.

Acceptance

Rejection.

which is why pre-meds should stay away from math. or statistics.

I think people are misunderstanding. I believe that the OP means that they were rejected twice THIS cycle.

I believe you are correct. It's just a glitch in their [school's] system probably.