Rejection Concerns

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PittBoo50

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this may sound bad, but I'm so tired of waiting for news, that I'd even go for a rejection letter.:( I've had all my files complete in August, and have yet to hear from anybody. With my lackluster MCAT [26], I'd expect that by now some schools would have put me out of my misery. Is it policy to notify applicants that they have been rejected? or is it just a common courtesy? Also, if it is regulation, when do schools give you the boot...is there a set deadline or is it on a rolling basis [like their admissions]???

[I'm particularly anticipating news from: Temple, Jefferson, Boston, GW, Penn State, so if anybody has any insight, I'd be most obliged.]

Much Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

u have a 26 and Finch's average mcat was 28. what r u waiting for?

hahaha i said the same thing until i started getting rejections!

It depends on when you took the MCATs and when your file was complete. Schools like GW/ Jefferson/ Boston/ Penn will let you know if you were rejected when they review your file. Some schools will tell you if you were rejected bluntly when you call them, like Albany who will tell u if you were rejected or Tulane who would either say you're on HOLD or "Expect something in the mail" or interview.

Other schools like Columbia, Yale, Harvard etc, won't let you know until around April or May.

Just enjoy the holidays and take your mind off.