Rejection emails?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mahishrimp

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am wondering if school sends out "acceptance email," do they also send out "rejection email?"

Also, in your opinion, is this statement true -- "No news = good news."

Members don't see this ad.

Email acceptance does happen some times, but usually a letter will follow within days. It usually happens if you inquire about it, when the decision is already made,and you have yet to receive a letter. I've never heard of rejection via email. That would be almost classless. I can understand emails that say your chances are very grim, but not out right rejection.

Believe or not, I recieved a rejection email tiitled "denial letter" from OSU (Oregon) about two weeks ago without even a written letter following it. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
camellia said:
Believe or not, I recieved a rejection email tiitled "denial letter" from OSU (Oregon) about two weeks ago without even a written letter following it. :rolleyes:
Sorry to hear. I think it's a real assinine way of doing things. Do you agree?

I think they should be required to send a box of GOOD chocolates with the letter in the mail. :laugh:

oh it's very true, OSU rejected me via email, as well as colorado. Oh well, such is life haha =).