Rejection emails?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mahishrimp

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,
I am wondering if school sends out "acceptance email," do they also send out "rejection email?"

Also, in your opinion, is this statement true -- "No news = good news."
 
Email acceptance does happen some times, but usually a letter will follow within days. It usually happens if you inquire about it, when the decision is already made,and you have yet to receive a letter. I've never heard of rejection via email. That would be almost classless. I can understand emails that say your chances are very grim, but not out right rejection.
 
Believe or not, I recieved a rejection email tiitled "denial letter" from OSU (Oregon) about two weeks ago without even a written letter following it. 🙄
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
camellia said:
Believe or not, I recieved a rejection email tiitled "denial letter" from OSU (Oregon) about two weeks ago without even a written letter following it. 🙄
Sorry to hear. I think it's a real assinine way of doing things. Do you agree?
 
I think they should be required to send a box of GOOD chocolates with the letter in the mail. :laugh:
 
oh it's very true, OSU rejected me via email, as well as colorado. Oh well, such is life haha =).