rejection from UOP or USC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sania

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did any body get rejection from UOP or USC ...or except for the accepted students they are putting everybody on the alternate list ?

Members don't see this ad.

Don't know how many people who are not accepted got the rejection or alternate letter...

Members don't see this ad :)
i was rejected at uop... accepted at ucla

hey kuntinder thanks for replying..congratulations ! ucla is better school anyways by all means and plus its cheaper..when did u get rejection from uop..how was your practical at uop ?

I too got a rejection letter,in the form of Alternate list email.Its so deceiving though the way they word it.The first few lines actually sound like youre were infact accepted,like "We are pleased to announce" or" youre perfprmance was favourably reveiwed " So sad,I actually walked out of the exam happy:(

Not that it matters now but for those that attended the USC exam what was your prep like for the bridge?I did a Gold crown molar and pfm premolar
I know some did pfm on both,maybe thats where I went wrong???

Rejection sucks

I also did Gold on molar and PFM on Premolar and got accepted. I think you did fine, wish you the best of luck

I too got a rejection letter,in the form of Alternate list email.Its so deceiving though the way they word it.The first few lines actually sound like youre were infact accepted,like "We are pleased to announce" or" youre perfprmance was favourably reveiwed " So sad,I actually walked out of the exam happy:(

Not that it matters now but for those that attended the USC exam what was your prep like for the bridge?I did a Gold crown molar and pfm premolar

Rejection sucks

I've been seeing a ton of new "WAITLISTING SUCKS! MY LIFE IS OVER!" kind of threads on this site to the point of insanity. I was also waitlisted, but I guess I've taken a different approach to it that might make your lives a little less depressing if you consider it.

Being waitlisted at a great school like XYZ is, as cliche and cheesy as it may sound, an honor in and of itself. It doesn't mean that you're not good enough or that your application was bad, it just means that there are a finite number of spots. You wouldn't even have gotten on the waitlist if the admissions committee didn't think that you had what it takes to "make it" at XYZ. Although a waitlist decision is not as satisfying as an acceptance, it shouldn't be looked at as a failure.

Also, getting waitlisted or rejected does not automatically mean that you have zero chances of being admitted to IVY LEAGUES etc. Schools operate independently and are looking for different things in applicants. Beyond good grades and extracurriculars, different schools look for a different "factor" every year.

Although there is only a slim chance of getting off a waitlist and into the accepted list, chances of getting in at all at a great school are slim too. If you had the guts and optimism to hope for a spot at XYZ, you shouldn't give up hope now. Ultimately, anything can happen. Being optimistic won't cost you a thing except maybe a little less suffering.

Rejection sucks

Guys I understand that alternate list is sweet rejection..I started this thread to see if there are any people who got straight rejection ..I know its disheartening to get straight rejection but please people post if you got straight rejection so everybody else has an idea what is going on ? Thanks !!

I don't think there will be many who are told point blankly about the dreaded 'rejected 'word!!

I've been seeing a ton of new "WAITLISTING SUCKS! MY LIFE IS OVER!" kind of threads on this site to the point of insanity. I was also waitlisted, but I guess I've taken a different approach to it that might make your lives a little less depressing if you consider it.

Being waitlisted at a great school like XYZ is, as cliche and cheesy as it may sound, an honor in and of itself. It doesn't mean that you're not good enough or that your application was bad, it just means that there are a finite number of spots. You wouldn't even have gotten on the waitlist if the admissions committee didn't think that you had what it takes to "make it" at XYZ. Although a waitlist decision is not as satisfying as an acceptance, it shouldn't be looked at as a failure.

Also, getting waitlisted or rejected does not automatically mean that you have zero chances of being admitted to IVY LEAGUES etc. Schools operate independently and are looking for different things in applicants. Beyond good grades and extracurriculars, different schools look for a different "factor" every year.

Although there is only a slim chance of getting off a waitlist and into the accepted list, chances of getting in at all at a great school are slim too. If you had the guts and optimism to hope for a spot at XYZ, you shouldn't give up hope now. Ultimately, anything can happen. Being optimistic won't cost you a thing except maybe a little less suffering.

Thanks for your nice words..PPL need to hear nice things at this time..It's just that the whole process takes it toll and the idea of applying ,reapplying and rejection is so overwhelming ..I have been in this process for almost 3.5 years now....I know ,there are many people in the same boat likewise..but I agree with u ,atleast these schools are kind enough to make us feel good while politely saying they can't take us:smuggrin::rolleyes: