• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

rejection from UOP or USC

About the Ads

Scrubsmaster

Nov 8, 2010
    I too got a rejection letter,in the form of Alternate list email.Its so deceiving though the way they word it.The first few lines actually sound like youre were infact accepted,like "We are pleased to announce" or" youre perfprmance was favourably reveiwed " So sad,I actually walked out of the exam happy:(

Not that it matters now but for those that attended the USC exam what was your prep like for the bridge?I did a Gold crown molar and pfm premolar
    I know some did pfm on both,maybe thats where I went wrong???

Rejection sucks

uth08

10+ Year Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    1. Dentist
      I also did Gold on molar and PFM on Premolar and got accepted. I think you did fine, wish you the best of luck

I too got a rejection letter,in the form of Alternate list email.Its so deceiving though the way they word it.The first few lines actually sound like youre were infact accepted,like "We are pleased to announce" or" youre perfprmance was favourably reveiwed " So sad,I actually walked out of the exam happy:(

Not that it matters now but for those that attended the USC exam what was your prep like for the bridge?I did a Gold crown molar and pfm premolar

Rejection sucks

ddsMSD

Aug 10, 2009
      1. Dental Student
        I've been seeing a ton of new "WAITLISTING SUCKS! MY LIFE IS OVER!" kind of threads on this site to the point of insanity. I was also waitlisted, but I guess I've taken a different approach to it that might make your lives a little less depressing if you consider it.

Being waitlisted at a great school like XYZ is, as cliche and cheesy as it may sound, an honor in and of itself. It doesn't mean that you're not good enough or that your application was bad, it just means that there are a finite number of spots. You wouldn't even have gotten on the waitlist if the admissions committee didn't think that you had what it takes to "make it" at XYZ. Although a waitlist decision is not as satisfying as an acceptance, it shouldn't be looked at as a failure.

Also, getting waitlisted or rejected does not automatically mean that you have zero chances of being admitted to IVY LEAGUES etc. Schools operate independently and are looking for different things in applicants. Beyond good grades and extracurriculars, different schools look for a different "factor" every year.

Although there is only a slim chance of getting off a waitlist and into the accepted list, chances of getting in at all at a great school are slim too. If you had the guts and optimism to hope for a spot at XYZ, you shouldn't give up hope now. Ultimately, anything can happen. Being optimistic won't cost you a thing except maybe a little less suffering.

sania

10+ Year Member
        5+ Year Member
        Feb 17, 2006
        1. Pre-Dental

Rejection sucks

Guys I understand that alternate list is sweet rejection..I started this thread to see if there are any people who got straight rejection ..I know its disheartening to get straight rejection but please people post if you got straight rejection so everybody else has an idea what is going on ? Thanks !!

Tashn

Sep 22, 2010
            I've been seeing a ton of new "WAITLISTING SUCKS! MY LIFE IS OVER!" kind of threads on this site to the point of insanity. I was also waitlisted, but I guess I've taken a different approach to it that might make your lives a little less depressing if you consider it.

Being waitlisted at a great school like XYZ is, as cliche and cheesy as it may sound, an honor in and of itself. It doesn't mean that you're not good enough or that your application was bad, it just means that there are a finite number of spots. You wouldn't even have gotten on the waitlist if the admissions committee didn't think that you had what it takes to "make it" at XYZ. Although a waitlist decision is not as satisfying as an acceptance, it shouldn't be looked at as a failure.

Also, getting waitlisted or rejected does not automatically mean that you have zero chances of being admitted to IVY LEAGUES etc. Schools operate independently and are looking for different things in applicants. Beyond good grades and extracurriculars, different schools look for a different "factor" every year.

Although there is only a slim chance of getting off a waitlist and into the accepted list, chances of getting in at all at a great school are slim too. If you had the guts and optimism to hope for a spot at XYZ, you shouldn't give up hope now. Ultimately, anything can happen. Being optimistic won't cost you a thing except maybe a little less suffering.

Thanks for your nice words..PPL need to hear nice things at this time..It's just that the whole process takes it toll and the idea of applying ,reapplying and rejection is so overwhelming ..I have been in this process for almost 3.5 years now....I know ,there are many people in the same boat likewise..but I agree with u ,atleast these schools are kind enough to make us feel good while politely saying they can't take us:smuggrin::rolleyes:

About the Ads
            This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.