Rejection letters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Meggs

Dpr@v@2
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does someone around here has gotten any rejection letters for Adv. Stn. programs?

Do schools have deadlines about when to send rejections?

I mean do they wait until their addmissions deadline is over and then reject you?
or do they reject you as soon as they receive your application and realize they don't want you there?

How long until rejection letters start to come in?

Thanks. (Hopefully I'll get as few as possible)

:D

Members don't see this ad.

hi meggs
last year i got rejection letters from upenn and bu after i was interviewed there...and loma linda didnt reject me directly (though i felt they did)they sent me a letter that they encouraged me to take up part 2......i quite forgot usc alaos did send me a rejection i wasnt interviewd there

hi shilpi,
will they specify the reasons for rejection?or will it be a letter stating that one is rejected?

Members don't see this ad :)
no reason whatsoever

Shilpi,

You said that Loma Linda asked you to take the part 2 exam. By this, did they say that they might accept you if you take the exam? Or did they mean that you should take part 2 and apply again next year?

Kind of odd, if you ask me.

Originally posted by shilpi
hi meggs
last year i got rejection letters from upenn and bu after i was interviewed there...and loma linda didnt reject me directly (though i felt they did)they sent me a letter that they encouraged me to take up part 2......i quite forgot usc alaos did send me a rejection i wasnt interviewd there

Thanks shilpi.

How long after the interviews at UPenn and BU did you got the rejection letters?

How long after you submitted your application to Loma Linda and USC did it took to receive your rejection lettter?

Thanks again.

hi meggs,
I first recieved a letter from loma linda suggesting me to take part 2 after which I recieved a rejection letter in a week's time. But I think the approach varies from one University to another. All this is about the rejection letters prior to the interview stage itself. If you are asking about the rejection letters after the interview then I guess the rejection will be known along with the final results of the interview. It is sad anyway to wait a long time for the results.

laser,i did do my part 2 but didnt apply to loma linda again.infact i think i got a letter again from them to reapply this year but i didnt want to....

meggs,i think they will let you know within a month after the interviews...atleast thats what happened to me

Happy Interviews all of you:clap:

Thanks Spund, Thanks Shilpi.

Originally posted by shilpi
laser,i did do my part 2 but didnt apply to loma linda again.infact i think i got a letter again from them to reapply this year but i didnt want to....

They just send you a letter this year, out of the blue, to just reapply? I guess they wanted you there. :D

I wonder if Loma Linda requires religious affiliation to Advanced Standing applicants, just like they do to freshmen applicants.

hi shilpi,
good u didn't re-apply at llu. this time there were 128 applicants for the first round!! i mean to ay if they have only 16 seats why to call 128 applicants!!! it was depressing!!!!i feel u shud have come to uop !!

ubd

Originally posted by ubd
hi shilpi,
good u didn't re-apply at llu. this time there were 128 applicants for the first round!! i mean to ay if they have only 16 seats why to call 128 applicants!!! it was depressing!!!!i feel u shud have come to uop !!

ubd

Yes, but they have two groups one starts in March and the other in September. So I guess that makes it 32.

But still, interviewing 128 its abusive. It's such a waste. They could easily interview less than 75 people. After all LLU is a first choice for many applicants, there being the cheapest and shortest and all....:rolleyes:

hi!
meggs , sorry i was under the impression that 8 applicants start in march and another 8 applicants start in sep. they just have 16 seats.

anyways, i got kicked out in first round only!!!
ubd

hi!
ubd yes llu has 16 seats and 8 in march and 8 in sep!
and i also got kicked out in very first round!!!
and meggs u used the rite word to express it!
anyways good luck! uop results will be coming soon!
maxin

Originally posted by maxin
hi!
ubd yes llu has 16 seats and 8 in march and 8 in sep!
and i also got kicked out in very first round!!!
and meggs u used the rite word to express it!
anyways good luck! uop results will be coming soon!
maxin

oh great, that makes even worst!!! They're abusive!!!
As some one on the everyone forum said, God save us from your followers!!!

Hey there.

For those who applied to University of Pacific, how did you get around the finance verification that you have $90,000x2 in cash on hand? I guess it would only apply if you were applying for F-1 visa... but still they wanted to know that you would be able to fully pay for your own living cost and education before even screening your application. For those with an F-1 visa at U of P must be financially gifted or have a suga-daddy (or suga-mummy) somewhere!! ;)

Any input?

Cheers,

2ed

Hey meggs

Thanks for that link and sharing your exprience!

How are things with NDB studies? Going for Part 2?

Ciao

2ed

Originally posted by secondedition
Hey meggs

Thanks for that link and sharing your exprience!

How are things with NDB studies? Going for Part 2?

Ciao

2ed

You're welcome always 2ed!!

Nahh, I haven't even decided to go for it or not. First of all I have to recuparate financially before beign able to buy study materials. Dental decks alone cost over $200, plus reprints, etc. And I had to quit my job earlier this year, so that I could be able to study for part 1.
And I was asking Henna about how she felt about part 2, before or after getting into adv. stn. She thinks after going back to school is easier, 'cause you're alredy in the study mood. It does makes a lot of sense. I'll see what happens, 'cause I'm waiting for new 2004 dental decks to be released anyway so.....I'll just give it some time. Also this application process has really gotten a share of my nerves, I'm really stressed out about this, I wouldn't be able to concentrate as long as I'm expecting to hear from schools.

Hey 2ed, you interviewed at UPenn right? could you share with us your experience please at the interview feedback section. or here in the forum if you please. Thank you.!!

bye!!

Originally posted by meggs
And I was asking Henna about how she felt about part 2, before or after getting into adv. stn. She thinks after going back to school is easier, 'cause you're alredy in the study mood. It does makes a lot of sense. I'll see what happens, 'cause I'm waiting for new 2004 dental decks to be released anyway so.....

ya ya.... blame it on henna for not wanting to study :)

Originally posted by ubd
hi shilpi,

ubd
hi ubd i keep thinking whta i missed at uop?do u think i had a chance there.....i calculated the cost of travel and stay and then decided not to go anyway last year they thought i wasnt good enough for their interview call and this year they called me......can u brief what happened at uop

Hey 2ed, you interviewed at UPenn right? could you share with us your experience please at the interview feedback section. or here in the forum if you please. Thank you.!!

Hi meggs

UPenn interview was not bad at all. The interview committee comprised of Drs. Berthold and Lopez. The third interviewer was a former PASS graduate who was working as a full-time faculty at UPenn. They made the visit so accommodating and comfortable. There were about 20 of us and our day started early with some introduction to the program, a video of questions and answers, an explanation to the interview (who's going to get who) and a light refreshment (sandwiches and drink). Interview was for about 10 minutes per interviewer. It was a good opportunity to talk about your plans and goals, your reasons for doing the advanced standing, and your interest in dentistry and what you had done so far. IT helped to clear your mind in order to actually verbalize what you had been thinking along all this time. You will realize that when you actually form words out of your plans, it becomes clearer and almost becomes your faith! Well, overall the entire process was enjoyable. The nasty part was the financial part. They brought in the financial adviser who explained to us to the last cent how much we would need to spend on our education. It's not cheap! And it's not going to get cheaper either! That was the worst part. The best part was that UPenn people made it sound so doable. Yes, it seemed so possible once you got yourself a US co-signer. Simple. Next question? Well, for those with F-1 visa, a co-signer may not be so easy to come by...

I would definately recommend going for an interview at UPenn. It was more appropriate for advanced standing as the format was more about you as an applicant not about your scores and dental knowledge of everything that you ever needed to know...

Good luck!

Ciao

2ed

Thanks 2ed!!! You're so nice!! I wish there were more like you around here!!

Hey 2ed, have you thought of applying to post-graduates programs instead?? I mean with your qualifications you'll probably get in easily.

Originally posted by secondedition
.....The best part was that UPenn people made it sound so doable. Yes, it seemed so possible once you got yourself a US co-signer. Simple. Next question? Well, for those with F-1 visa, a co-signer may not be so easy to come by...

Really, where UPenn officers actually making it easier for students visa to apply with private loans? Do they seem in favor of that?

Well, a co-signer isn't just gonna come by, you defitnetly have to find someone rather close to you, willing to take such a risk. How
did UPenn officers think about it? do they encourage it?

Well , thanks 2ed. good luck! you deserve it !!!