Rejection question- how fast?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mistress S

Don't mess with the S
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide whether or not to mark on AMCAS that I am planning to retake the Aug MCAT (if you want to know why, see this thread:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=127394&page=3 )
and to help me make this decision, I need to know how quickly schools start sending out rejections post-secondary. If anyone wants to share how quickly they started receiving rejections from schools after sending in their secondaries, that would be great. I realize this will vary somewhat by school, so if it would be helpful I can post a list of schools I am planning to apply at; but I'm really just trying to get a general idea. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Mistress S,

I'm happy to help you out by telling you that I didn't get any rejections for a couple of months. I applied in August and didn't start hearing back (rejection-wise) until maybe December. Some schools, ahem *cough, cough* NYMC, never responded to me either way.

I will say, too, that for me the schools that interviewed me responded within about 2 weeks or so. One school waited until April, but by then I was in and I declined.

Hope that's helpful, and good luck!

Stanford's will be at your doorstep before you can click Submit on AMCAS! :eek:

No, but seriously, Stanford has one of the most efficient well oiled rejection machines I've ever seen!

Good Luck :luck: :thumbup: