Rejections 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
:cool: University of Miami

Members don't see this ad.

So far...1 reject: Harbor-UCLA.

Haven't heard from Mt. Sinai yet. No interview and no rejection. I don't know what's going on.

Not many interviews by now. I was hoping Nov 1/ Dean's letter might help, but so far no new interviews yet. starting to worry...

Anyone knows when to expect the biggest volume of interview invitations?

Jenny

Members don't see this ad :)
Not many interviews by now. I was hoping Nov 1/ Dean's letter might help, but so far no new interviews yet. starting to worry...

Anyone knows when to expect the biggest volume of interview invitations?

Jenny

Unfortunately I think the last few weeks have been the biggest volume. Still I couple places that I wish I would hear from but I really don't expect to hear from many more places. Maybe I'm wrong?

Big no from Vandy and UVA.

Stanford. Spent a month there, got letters there, got good vibes there, got told to go play in the street today. Sweet. Woulda been my number one.

To hell with Stanford. I went to Cal-Berkeley undergrad, so screw them. Go Bears!!!!

Stanford. Spent a month there, got letters there, got good vibes there, got told to go play in the street today. Sweet. Woulda been my number one.

I'm sorry, that really sucks.
I'm in a similar situation - I didn't get rejected yet but the program has sent out invites like a month ago and they skipped me :(

Thanks peeps. I sent them some emails asking "Uhhhhhhhhhhhh, WTF?" and they say they'll take another look at my file on Monday.

I mean, I think I'm a strong applicant, and my 2 Stanford letters are from the retiring PD and a former editor of Anesthesiology. I got along with everyone while I was there and did well the whole time. I honestly have absolutely no idea how this happened, but it sucks and sucks hard.

Venus- I really hope it works out for you.

Thanks Hawaiian Briun. And the funny part is it's not even a big or well known program! I called them like two weeks ago and they said they have my application and will look at it but nothing...

Oh BTW, Stanford rejected me today. Gosh that one hurt, out of all the Cali programs I really wanted that particular invite.

Members don't see this ad :)
Still sittin on Miami and MGH rejections. Dont really care much about those anyhow. Really want to hear from Vandy and UTSW and Emory, but the later it gets, the less I am expecting good news. Oh well, cant complain too much.

Thanks peeps. I sent them some emails asking "Uhhhhhhhhhhhh, WTF?" and they say they'll take another look at my file on Monday.

I mean, I think I'm a strong applicant, and my 2 Stanford letters are from the retiring PD and a former editor of Anesthesiology. I got along with everyone while I was there and did well the whole time. I honestly have absolutely no idea how this happened, but it sucks and sucks hard.

Venus- I really hope it works out for you.

Best of luck man! :thumbup:

I was not surprised at all....

Got the pass from Cincy.

UVA, Vanderbilt, Cincy, Michigan

Florida today.

My wife told me she didn't want to go there AFTER I spent the money applying, so no big loss.

Still no word from Cincy....or Emory!

Took it in the junk from Colorado today. Was told to pis*-off by U Cincinatti a couple of weeks ago. Again, this process couldn't be more random if they tried. Best of luck to all.

TM

U Wisconsin, U Michigan, Cincinnati, Mt. Sinai (2 rejection letters...:( ), U Chicago, UIC....

U Michigan says that this was the most competitive year they've ever seen...almost 700 applicants for their 20 positions.. Do you think the total number of applicants went up, or are they applying to more programs in fear of not matching...like I am? :oops:

Anyways, good luck for all of us...:)

I bet apps are up this year...but Mich is one of the better programs so I wonder how much that played into the fact that they got so many apps...seems like a lot of people applied to a lot of programs as well....Good Luck with everything...

And Chicago for me as well

Hey y'all- I posted this in the interview forum, but I got the big N O from:
Univ. Chicago
Univ. Wisconsin
Stanford (big surprise)
U Iowa

add U. of Colorado and Virginia Mason today.

I think the well has just about dried up.

I stil have a few places that I have yet to hear from at all...anyone have an idea when invites are no longer sent out?...maybe I will call the programs later in the week...

I stil have a few places that I have yet to hear from at all...anyone have an idea when invites are no longer sent out?...maybe I will call the programs later in the week...

I get the feeling that "no new messages" is no longer a bad thing to see on ERAS. I am still waiting on 2 programs that I might accept but other than that, I consider my schedule set.

I get the feeling that "no new messages" is no longer a bad thing to see on ERAS. I am still waiting on 2 programs that I might accept but other than that, I consider my schedule set.

I agree...just waiting on one more invite and would be more than pleased with my list.

A lot of places gave me the bird these past few days. The tally so far:

1. Harbor
2. Stanford
3. UCSD
4. UCSF
5. Mt Sinai
6. Cornell
7. MGH

Yeah, I got MGH a while ago, but UCSF and Virginia Mason told me to f$%# off today... I'm not surprised about UCSF (I think you have to be pretty arrogant to ASSUME an interview there), but I thought I had a decent chance at Virginia Mason...

oh well, can't win them all!

good old Cook County aka Stroger for me....I am not surprised...they prefer FMG's...not saying that is a bad thing by any means at all...

I emailed one program today to check my status and I was told that the coordinator accidentally misplaced my interview invite...so I highly suggest contacting people that you have yet to hear from....

Does anyone know if Upenn actively send out rejection emails? Or do they just ignore the people whom they are not interested in.

Thanks.

Does anyone know if Upenn actively send out rejection emails? Or do they just ignore the people whom they are not interested in.

Thanks.

Hey Pankun, I gave UPenn a call yesterday since I hadn't heard anything from them and they said that I had been selected for an interview over a month and a half ago and they didn't know why I hadn't been sent an invite... they had only 1 date open, but I guess since they realized it was an error for whatever reason, they opened up an extra spot for me on another date (thank goodness!)... so I would DEFINITELY give them a call b/c I wouldn't recommend you be in the same position as me!

hey, did anyone else here get rejected from UCSF recently and then get INVITED for an interview??? i got rejected yesterday, but apparently in ~24 hrs time they had a change of heart and want to exchange anesthesia chit-chat over a nice cup of tea... did this happen to anyone else? and if it did, did you get through to them and they were like, "oops, sorry to tell you, but you in fact were rejected, our secretaries just like to mess with people".

anyone gotta any input on this?