Rejections Intl. Dental

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

motirani

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I know that this is a sad subject but still we may find comfort and motivation in each other's stories. I will start. I am getting to the end of the rope here and am not sure how much gas I have left in me

Applied : 5 schools

Stats: NBDE I 81/ NBDE II 75/ 101/3.43

Rejections: UMN, UOP and Loma Linda

Have been in this mess for quite a while now. :mad:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi,
Applied to almost every school.
Rejection from UOP. No call from any other school
Stats:87/107/3.26

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi All,

I know that this is a sad subject but still we may find comfort and motivation in each other's stories. I will start. I am getting to the end of the rope here and am not sure how much gas I have left in me

By stating your rejections you are not helping any body. If you get into school with lower scores please then post it. It would be motivating for others. and I am sure you will get into with this score. just improve your resume with research or masters degree and some good recommendation letters.

By stating your rejections you are not helping any body. If you get into school with lower scores please then post it. It would be motivating for others. and I am sure you will get into with this score. just improve your resume with research or masters degree and some good recommendation letters.

I absolutely agree with krishdent. Illustrations of only failures don't inspire anyone, try to mention rather failures-cum-achievements.
A saying from a wise man: There comes a lot many times in life when you lose faith in everyone and even in god. And don't worry life will still go on. But the only time it stops, when you lose faith in yourself!!
So, atleast believe yourself, because everyone has right to live their dreams... Good luck everyone!! :thumbup::thumbup:

I did not know we had so many forum Nazis here. Keep it coming

I did not know we had so many forum Nazis here. Keep it coming

Use this wonderful forum for self analysis and gather all info to add it to yourself... This is a wonderful place to learn from other's experiences, which is rare to find or ever directly received from anyone, search the forum intensely to learn from this precious experience of successful, unsuccesful candidates in order to reach to your dream...since its your dream, why labelling others with harsh words and wasting your time, while you have a lot of work to do to fulfill your aspirations.... you haven't put any purpose on posting this thread, that reflects your nature of not using the word "WHY". Think yourself WHY ARE YOU STILL STUCK? and try finding it with the help of sdn, nobody's gonna spoon-feed anyone.
I really wish you good luck, everyone's here to push your forward since no one has time to pull anyone back. keep going and putting your best hard work .

I haven't been very active on sdn, but i can understand what it feels like for you to have started this post. Its good to vent it out sometimes..

But the important question is, like toothfairyqueen mentioned - WHY?? Once you get the answer to why then comes the next important question - HOW - how can you improvize. As you get the answers to both these questions, the last remaining question is WHEN - Only time will tell. You might not really get an answer to 'when', but it really helps if you are already prepared for it.

Hi All,

I can relate to you totally here though this is my first application cycle that I am applying to schools. I have not received a single interview invite till now. All schools are not yet done with interviews but still I feel so disappointed and hopeless. It is a good thing to vent and unfortunately one doesn't find many dentist friends with whom one can share their thoughts. Sometimes it gets to you. I am sure there are many like you. So take heart.

And then think.If you stop here, who is going to lose? It is your dream and your goal. You should try harder(I know you have tried hard). Think as to why you might not have succeeded and what you can do better. Then act on it. I am quite sure you will be posting your success story soon.

This is an open request to who ever has already reached their goal and gotten admission into a dental school to take a few minutes and post their story,preferably with their stats and experiences. It will be a way to relive their journey and also be a big motivation to people who are still on their way. This forum has helped a lot of us. We have taken so much from it, why not give back?

Here's my point. I don't know what fire I lit under ray's you know what to tell me what I should and should not post here. Not all stories are happy and if we just see those, we will only see one side of the coin. Did I want to discourage anybody? NO. This is an open forum. Everybody has the right to express their feelings. I think some of these people try to 'hijack' this place and become preachers for the rest of us. Thats wrong. Dont tell somebody what to post and what not to post. That's wrong. If it is irrelevant to you, move on to the next thread.

Here's my point. I don't know what fire I lit under ray's you know what to tell me what I should and should not post here. Not all stories are happy and if we just see those, we will only see one side of the coin. Did I want to discourage anybody? NO. This is an open forum. Everybody has the right to express their feelings. I think some of these people try to 'hijack' this place and become preachers for the rest of us. Thats wrong. Dont tell somebody what to post and what not to post. That's wrong. If it is irrelevant to you, move on to the next thread.

Exactly.

I find your post quite helping,,, I thought by taking part 2 i can increase my chances,, and I will definitly get some IV's ,,, I have similar stats,, I haven't taken part 2 though,,, so I guess i should focus on getting a high score not merely passing it ,or what?,, it would be great if others with similar stats could share experience,,,
right now i am volunteering,, so far no IV,, was thinking to take part 2 by january,,,, fresh grad with 3 years undergrad research and one publication as coauthor,,,
I have realized the main criterium for the schools is part 1 score !!!!!

I find your post quite helping,,, I thought by taking part 2 i can increase my chances,, and I will definitly get some IV's ,,, I have similar stats,, I haven't taken part 2 though,,, so I guess i should focus on getting a high score not merely passing it ,or what?,, it would be great if others with similar stats could share experience,,,
right now i am volunteering,, so far no IV,, was thinking to take part 2 by january,,,, fresh grad with 3 years undergrad research and one publication as coauthor,,,
I have realized the main criterium for the schools is part 1 score !!!!!

not neccesarily part I scores. I know ppl who have gotten into school with barely passing scores. and yes, the do have part II. I also know a person who has gotten into a post grad progam in perio and prostho with a barely passing part I score and no part II. So maybe you should try a post grad program especially with your extensive research and publication. :)

But how do we get into these Research Programs? I mailed to several schools to get some info but didn't hear from anywhere. Does anyone mind sharing how can one get access into a Research Program, whats their average span and if the hours are flexible?

Hi All,

I have been in this similar situation ,i can totally relate to you. Keep trying
meanwhile try to work as a dental assistant, improve your resume and be pesistant.May God the almighty open the door for people like us.

Hi All,

our grades are very close and I have the same situation. It's the second year that I have been applying pretty much everywhere and have not got into any schools yet. Plus I am 42 already and it is getting kind of late for me because I don't want to retire right after graduation. But I know people who had worse grades but also had a lot of perseverance and finally got through. Good luck to all of us, let's keep trying.:luck: