rejections pre-interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eagle99

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was a little late in the app process, so I'm still hoping to maybe get an interview SOMEWHERE in the near future. Does anyone know if the following schools inform you (email/snail mail) if they have rejected you without asking you to interview?

Columbia
Yale
NYMC
Hopkins
UVM
MSSM
Tufts

I think it's awful that you can apply to a school and never get so much as a postcard to say "you're just not good enough for us".

Grrr, getting bitter...:smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad.

I've recieved a pre-interview rejection letter from UVM.....most of the others I didn't apply to

Jeff

I have yet to receive pre-interview rejections from:
UCSF
Columbia
MSSM
Emory
Yale
Tufts
and a few randoms I can't remember right now.

Members don't see this ad :)
pre-interview rejection:
UVM (snail mail)

still no word post-secondary:
NYMC
Tufts

all those schools can reject you preinterview.

but since you were late in the process its likely that they are reviewing your file thoroughly to see if you get the interview letter or the rejection letter.

good luck.

Originally posted by jlee9531
all those schools can reject you preinterview.

but since you were late in the process its likely that they are reviewing your file thoroughly to see if you get the interview letter or the rejection letter.

good luck.

actually i think most of them have not sent ANYONE a rejection yet. i'm not sure about NYMC, Hopkins, and UVM though.

tufts will interview people until sometime in april. not sure if they mail out rejections this early.

both columbia and yale are not rolling. they will send out all their decisions sometime in march (including rejections, unfortunately).

not sure about nymc, ucsf and emory, though.

I believe that Yale is done sending out interview invites, if I recall correctly from other threads. So it's probably safe to assume that, if you didn't get an invite, you won't be getting one. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

I just received an interview invite from NYMC, so they are still interviewing.

Originally posted by ForensicPath
I just received an interview invite from NYMC, so they are still interviewing.

hey FP when were you complete? my status page hasnt changed for almost 3 months now.........

I've heard NYMC interviews ridiculously late, through May or something. Why don't you call the schools to make sure? Couldn't hurt...

I have had interview invites from the likes of Yale, Hopkins, Baylor, Vanderbilt, Mayo Clinic, UPENN, Columbia....

How random is the interview process, that I have gotten rejected pre-interview from NYU/Tufts/Sinai/Southwestern, and others, and still dying of silence from the likes of Dartmouth?

Jeesh! I'm lucky I applied to a wide variety, because it's hard to tell where you can get one.

Originally posted by DoctorKevin
I have yet to receive pre-interview rejections from:
UCSF
Columbia
MSSM
Emory
Yale
Tufts
and a few randoms I can't remember right now.

UCSF is snail mail.

Originally posted by Chrisobean
hey FP when were you complete? my status page hasnt changed for almost 3 months now.........

I was complete sometime in september I think. I had received an email last week from them asking for my fall grades. I just called and the earliest date they had was april 21, but there was a canellation for next week, which I took.

I called Tufts today - they said they are still reviewing my application. That's what they said to me the first week of November. They said they interview until April 20th or something like that, send out invites first and second week of April. Whatever.

The key is to withdraw before they reject you. I've done this with most schools, and I will soon withdraw from UCLA, UCI, and USC in April when I know that the interview season is done. I am a strong opponent of rejections.:smuggrin: