Rejections via e-mail: What could be worse?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alexander99

Ghetto Fabulous
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay. You may or may not be aware that some med schools reject their applicants using e-mail (Davis and Emory do this.) This got me thinking, it'd be hilarious if they started rejecting people via a text message on your cell phone. Someone posted a story where hundreds of workers got fired from a credit card company in South Korea through a text message. I thought it'd be fun for us to come to a concensus about the following question:

What would be the most inappropriate text message you could receive on your cell phone?

I'll start with a few ideas - (1) marriage proposal or (2) HIV (positive) test result

At the end, we can vote and come to a conclusion of what the worst/most inappropriate text message would be.

Alex

Members don't see this ad.

you can't give HIV results without pre and post test counselling. At least not in NY, thats the law. So scratch the idea of giving results over a text message.

The county corroner telling you a loved one died in an accident--via cell text message.

Members don't see this ad :)
They could, right after the interview, summon you to the dean of admission's office, B1tch slap you and tell you how worthless you are and then proceed to reject your sorry a$$.

Originally posted by pekq
They could, right after the interview, summon you to the dean of admission's office, B1tch slap you and tell you how worthless you are and then proceed to reject your sorry a$$.

It's gotta be via a text message on your cell phone and I'm sure they wouldn't explain all that in a short message. The only message you could get would be "go to the dean's office" but that wouldn't be all that bad.

I would hate the fact if I paid a secondary fee that I would get an impersonal email....that would burn me.

as for the worst text message ever?

Your/She's Pregnant!

(and you wern't expecting it)

Since I don't own a cell phone, I would be completely unaware if somebody sent me a terrible text message on this nonexistent phone.

However, supposing that I did own a phone, if I got a text message from UMass med saying "Just kidding on that acceptance", I think I'd very quickly be in the market for a new cell phone. The exact time would depend on the distance to the nearest wall.