Snail mail to AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

karaya

Reaction score
Does AMCAS accept letters through the post office? I can't find any indication that they do. But I've seen threads where it happened in the past. If they do, does anyone know the mailing address?

If anyone's wondering, this has to do with Einstein's required "letter of good standing" which my undergrad institution refuses to submit electronically through interfolio. I figured if that's too much for them, the AMCAS portal is out of the question.

Members don't see this ad.

Did you even ask your undergrad institution to send an electronic copy of your letter of good standing through the AMCAS portal or are you making an assumption?

Members don't see this ad :)
I did not ask, I'm assuming they can't send it electronically except by email (they already emailed me a copy). And Interfolio is simpler than the AMCAS letter writer application, which requires an account.

The letter needs to go to AMCAS first and then to Einstein through the AMCAS letter service.

Thanks @Mr.Smile12, but I didn't see any mailing address on the letter service page.

I did not ask, I'm assuming they can't send it electronically except by email (they already emailed me a copy). And Interfolio is simpler than the AMCAS letter writer application, which requires an account.

The letter needs to go to AMCAS first and then to Einstein through the AMCAS letter service.

Thanks @Mr.Smile12, but I didn't see any mailing address on the letter service page.
I don't know whether the letter matching form that needs to be printed has an address. It could be faxed??

Anyway, sounds like your prehealth team either has a process or will need to check with Einstein. All you can do is emphasize your urgency.

Reactions: 1 user
It might be a good idea to share this page with your letter writer
and ask if they are familiar with the uploading of PDFs into the AMCAS application.

The page above goes on to say, " If you need an alternate option to submit letters, please contact us at (202)-828-0600 or [email protected]." You might suggest that your school reach out to AMCAS if the school policy precludes uploading letters electronically.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks everyone, this issue has been solved. I emailed AMCAS and they provided me with the mailing address.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.