Rejections

Started by Jalby
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got a lovely piece of paper from Mayo that cost me 60 bucks! ... at least they didn't make me bother with LORs...

Case (7)
Cornell (1-MSTP)
Duke (1)
Mayo (2)
Nebraska (1)
Pitt (4)
Stanford (4)
SUNY-Upstate (1)
Tulane (1)
University of Chicago (12)
University of Minnesota-Duluth (2)
Univ of Washington (2)
VCU/MCV (2)
West Virginia (1)
Eastern Virginia (1)
UCSF(2)
UCLA(1-MSTP)
Yale(1-MSTP)
 
Damn..Mayo already?
Shoot..i haven't heard from them in a while...guess I'll be seeing that paper as well ...worst 60 dollars spent EVER!
 
ucsf reject...


Case (7)
Cornell (1-MSTP)
Duke (1)
Mayo (2)
Nebraska (1)
Pitt (4)
Stanford (4)
SUNY-Upstate (1)
Tulane (1)
University of Chicago (12)
University of Minnesota-Duluth (2)
Univ of Washington (2)
VCU/MCV (2)
West Virginia (1)
Eastern Virginia (1)
UCSF(3)
UCLA(1-MSTP)
Yale(1-MSTP)[/QB][/QUOTE]
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
the Mayo ball keeps rolling...
Hey,someone get some lettuce for that!

Case (7)
Cornell (1-MSTP)
Duke (1)
Mayo (3)
Nebraska (1)
Pitt (4)
Stanford (4)
SUNY-Upstate (1)
Tulane (1)
University of Chicago (12)
University of Minnesota-Duluth (2)
Univ of Washington (2)
VCU/MCV (2)
West Virginia (1)
Eastern Virginia (1)
UCSF(3)
UCLA(1-MSTP)
Yale(1-MSTP
 
Chalk up another Pritzker.....they don't sem to like many people! Anyone notice that they expect 6,000 apps this year. That seems like a lot if only ~ 30,000 are applying. Oh well! BTW....3.32 UG....3.66G...12V-12P-13B-T..

Case (7)
Cornell (1-MSTP)
Duke (1)
Mayo (3)
Nebraska (1)
Pitt (4)
Stanford (4)
SUNY-Upstate (1)
Tulane (1)
University of Chicago (12)
University of Minnesota-Duluth (2)
Univ of Washington (2)
VCU/MCV (2)
West Virginia (1)
Eastern Virginia (1)
UCSF(3)
UCLA(1-MSTP)
Yale(1-MSTP
 
sorry....I got so excited about writing to you guys I forgot to add my rejection to the list!

Case (7)
Cornell (1-MSTP)
Duke (1)
Mayo (3)
Nebraska (1)
Pitt (4)
Stanford (4)
SUNY-Upstate (1)
Tulane (1)
University of Chicago (13)
University of Minnesota-Duluth (2)
Univ of Washington (2)
VCU/MCV (2)
West Virginia (1)
Eastern Virginia (1)
UCSF(3)
UCLA(1-MSTP)
Yale(1-MSTP
 
Hey All,

UChicago spanked me like a misbehaving child today. Just thought I'd share.

Case (7)
Cornell (1-MSTP)
Duke (1)
Mayo (3)
Nebraska (1)
Pitt (4)
Stanford (4)
SUNY-Upstate (1)
Tulane (1)
University of Chicago (14)
University of Minnesota-Duluth (2)
Univ of Washington (2)
VCU/MCV (2)
West Virginia (1)
Eastern Virginia (1)
UCSF(3)
UCLA(1-MSTP)
Yale(1-MSTP)
 
Mayo scores again.

Case (7)
Cornell (1-MSTP)
Duke (1)
Mayo (4)
Nebraska (1)
Pitt (4)
Stanford (4)
SUNY-Upstate (1)
Tulane (1)
University of Chicago (14)
University of Minnesota-Duluth (2)
Univ of Washington (2)
VCU/MCV (2)
West Virginia (1)
Eastern Virginia (1)
UCSF(3)
UCLA(1-MSTP)
Yale(1-MSTP)
 
Well, add another one for Pitt. Funny, cause I live in Pittsburgh and it took 3 days to get here! BTW, did anyone else find Pitt's letter snooty?

Case (7)
Cornell (1-MSTP)
Duke (1)
Mayo (3)
Nebraska (1)
Pitt (5)
Stanford (4)
SUNY-Upstate (1)
Tulane (1)
University of Chicago (14)
University of Minnesota-Duluth (2)
Univ of Washington (2)
VCU/MCV (2)
West Virginia (1)
Eastern Virginia (1)
UCSF(3)
UCLA(1-MSTP)
Yale(1-MSTP)
 
Another one for Mayo--perhaps they're tired of calling people?

Case (7)
Cornell (1-MSTP)
Duke (1)
Mayo (4)
Nebraska (1)
Pitt (5)
Stanford (4)
SUNY-Upstate (1)
Tulane (1)
University of Chicago (14)
University of Minnesota-Duluth (2)
Univ of Washington (2)
VCU/MCV (2)
West Virginia (1)
Eastern Virginia (1)
UCSF(3)
UCLA(1-MSTP)
Yale(1-MSTP)
 
Does wait-listing count? I'm going to, 'cause I ain't sendin' my card back in! Blast UVA, I can't even get into my own undergrad school!

Case (7)
Cornell (1-MSTP)
Duke (1)
Mayo (4)
Nebraska (1)
Pitt (5)
Stanford (4)
SUNY-Upstate (1)
Tulane (1)
University of Chicago (14)
University of Minnesota-Duluth (2)
Univ of Washington (2)
Univ of Virginia (1)
VCU/MCV (2)
West Virginia (1)
Eastern Virginia (1)
UCSF(3)
UCLA(1-MSTP)
Yale(1-MSTP)
 
one on U-chicago, and hawaii...kinda expected them... 😀

Case (7)
Cornell (1-MSTP)
Duke (1)
Hawaii (1)
Mayo (4)
Nebraska (1)
Pitt (5)
Stanford (4)
SUNY-Upstate (1)
Tulane (1)
University of Chicago (15)
University of Minnesota-Duluth (2)
Univ of Washington (2)
Univ of Virginia (1)
VCU/MCV (2)
West Virginia (1)
Eastern Virginia (1)
UCSF(3)
UCLA(1-MSTP)
Yale(1-MSTP)
 
I know of a friend who got a 40 on the mcats, 3.9 gpa, research, who got rejected from U of Chicago Pritzker. Anybody else know any stories like that?
 
Adding Georgetown. my first rejection, no interview...

Case (7)
Cornell (1-MSTP)
Duke (1)
Georgetown (1)
Hawaii (1)
Mayo (4)
Nebraska (1)
Pitt (5)
Stanford (4)
SUNY-Upstate (1)
Tulane (1)
University of Chicago (15)
University of Minnesota-Duluth (2)
Univ of Washington (2)
Univ of Virginia (1)
VCU/MCV (2)
West Virginia (1)
Eastern Virginia (1)
UCSF(3)
UCLA(1-MSTP)
Yale(1-MSTP)[/QB][/QUOTE]

🙁 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You can add another Georgetown rejection (without an interview too!)
 
Gtown for me too...

Case (7)
Cornell (1-MSTP)
Duke (1)
Georgetown (3)
Hawaii (1)
Mayo (4)
Nebraska (1)
Pitt (5)
Stanford (4)
SUNY-Upstate (1)
Tulane (1)
University of Chicago (15)
University of Minnesota-Duluth (2)
Univ of Washington (2)
Univ of Virginia (1)
VCU/MCV (2)
West Virginia (1)
Eastern Virginia (1)
UCSF(3)
UCLA(1-MSTP)
Yale(1-MSTP)[/QB][/QUOTE] 😀
 
Originally posted by drdrtoledo:
•Adding West Virginia and Medical College of Virginia....I guess I am not welcome in Virginia 😉
Case (2)
Duke (1)
Nebraska (1)
Pitt (2) Stanford (1)
University of Chicago (1)
University of Minnesota-Duluth (1)
Univ of Washington (1)
West Virginia (1)
MC Virginia (1)•


mark you, W. Va. is not in Va. LOL
 
I don't get it. Some of you guys have very very high MCATs/GPAs and you're getting rejected? I know numbers aren't everything, but come on...

As for Pritzker, did those of you who got rejected put a lot of effort into the essays?
 
UCSF late.

Case (7)
Cornell (1-MSTP)
Duke (1)
Georgetown (3)
Hawaii (1)
Mayo (4)
Nebraska (1)
Pitt (5)
Stanford (4)
SUNY-Upstate (1)
Tulane (1)
University of Chicago (15)
University of Minnesota-Duluth (2)
Univ of Washington (2)
Univ of Virginia (1)
VCU/MCV (2)
West Virginia (1)
Eastern Virginia (1)
UCSF(4)
UCLA(1-MSTP)
Yale(1-MSTP)[/QB][/QUOTE]
 
Adding Gtown. Got the interview, couldn't schedual in their time period. Was told tough s**t by the admissions staff. Cussed out admissions staff. Rejected.

Case (7)
Cornell (1-MSTP)
Duke (1)
Georgetown (4)
Hawaii (1)
Mayo (4)
Nebraska (1)
Pitt (5)
Stanford (4)
SUNY-Upstate (1)
Tulane (1)
University of Chicago (15)
University of Minnesota-Duluth (2)
Univ of Washington (2)
Univ of Virginia (1)
VCU/MCV (2)
West Virginia (1)
Eastern Virginia (1)
UCSF(4)
UCLA(1-MSTP)
Yale(1-MSTP)[/QB][/QUOTE]
 
I thought I put a lot of effort into Chicago's secondary....I suppose not enough!

Jalbrekt...they wouldn't even reschedule an interview? They are losing out, not you.
 
Nope. REally pissed me off. I teach TA a class at UCLA every MWF and they told me tough, if other students can make it out here, you can. Bt I felt good about it after yelling at the head guy. (I didn't yell at anybody who couldn't have changed my status. They didn't make the policies)
 
Yo, g-town is my #1 choice for medical school (b/c it's a good school near Baltimore... (U of Maryland doesn't like out of staters, or else it would be my #1))... any suggestions from people who didn't get in? What are your-all's stats? (if you don't mind)
 
add another georgetown 🙁 oh well, too bad for them they can't have my credit history or my debt-free from undergrad!

csgirl- i have b/w a 3.5-3.6 and 30+ on my mcats.
 
That sucks! My stats aren't any better than yours. Actually yours are probably better, my MCAT is a 31 (barely a 30+)... and my gpa is only a little higher. What the hell are medical schools looking for then?!?
 
I really think that besides numbers, there's also just such a strong element of randomness in this process. Maybe Georgetown puts everyone's name on a dartboard and throws darts labeled with "interview" and "rejection" at the names... that's my guess. 🙂
 
Another GTown- my 1st rejection (b4 interview)

Case (7)
Cornell (1-MSTP)
Duke (1)
Georgetown (5)
Hawaii (1)
Mayo (4)
Nebraska (1)
Pitt (5)
Stanford (4)
SUNY-Upstate (1)
Tulane (1)
University of Chicago (15)
University of Minnesota-Duluth (2)
Univ of Washington (2)
Univ of Virginia (1)
VCU/MCV (2)
West Virginia (1)
Eastern Virginia (1)
UCSF(4)
UCLA(1-MSTP)
Yale(1-MSTP)[/QB][/QUOTE]
 
These rejections make me want to puke.

Case (7)
Cornell (1-MSTP)
Duke (1)
Georgetown (6)
Hawaii (1)
Mayo (4)
Nebraska (1)
Pitt (5)
Stanford (4)
SUNY-Upstate (1)
Tulane (2)
University of Chicago (15)
University of Minnesota-Duluth (2)
Univ of Washington (2)
Univ of Virginia (1)
VCU/MCV (2)
West Virginia (1)
Eastern Virginia (1)
UCSF(4)
UCLA(1-MSTP)
Yale(1-MSTP)[/QB][/QUOTE]
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yo, g-town is my #1 choice for medical school (b/c it's a good school near Baltimore... (U of Maryland doesn't like out of staters, or else it would be my #1))... any suggestions from people who didn't get in? What are your-all's stats? (if you don't mind)

Csgirl,

Why the interest in Baltimore? Family?

No rejections for me yet, but no interviews either. I didn't submit my AMCAS until 10/10, so I'm doing secondaries now.
 
I wouldn't have too much faith in Georgetown. They postmarked the postcard saying my application was complete on the SAME day as the "After a full and careful review of your application, the Admissions Committee has decided..." rejection letter last year.

I'm glad my application fee went towards two stamps. I would have been upset if they both came back to me in the same envelope!!
 
Georgetown again. Hope the postcard wasn't contaminated.


Case (7)
Cornell (1-MSTP)
Duke (1)
Georgetown (7)
Hawaii (1)
Mayo (4)
Nebraska (1)
Pitt (5)
Stanford (4)
SUNY-Upstate (1)
Tulane (2)
University of Chicago (15)
University of Minnesota-Duluth (2)
Univ of Washington (2)
Univ of Virginia (1)
VCU/MCV (2)
West Virginia (1)
Eastern Virginia (1)
UCSF(4)
UCLA(1-MSTP)
Yale(1-MSTP)[/QB][/QUOTE]

--------------------
 
Georgetown strikes again. Now that was money well spent. Keepin the postal service employed.

Case (7)
Cornell (1-MSTP)
Duke (1)
Georgetown (8)
Hawaii (1)
Mayo (4)
Nebraska (1)
Pitt (5)
Stanford (4)
SUNY-Upstate (1)
Tulane (2)
University of Chicago (15)
University of Minnesota-Duluth (2)
Univ of Washington (2)
Univ of Virginia (1)
VCU/MCV (2)
West Virginia (1)
Eastern Virginia (1)
UCSF(4)
UCLA(1-MSTP)
Yale(1-MSTP)[/QB][/QUOTE]
 
Gtown and Mayo...

Case (7)
Cornell (1-MSTP)
Duke (1)
Georgetown (9)
Hawaii (1)
Mayo (5)
Nebraska (1)
Pitt (5)
Stanford (4)
SUNY-Upstate (1)
Tulane (2)
University of Chicago (15)
University of Minnesota-Duluth (2)
Univ of Washington (2)
Univ of Virginia (1)
VCU/MCV (2)
West Virginia (1)
Eastern Virginia (1)
UCSF(4)
UCLA(1-MSTP)
Yale(1-MSTP)
 
Adding another G-town. Can I get an AMEN! Hope my app fee is well spent on the 170 people they do take!!

Case (7)
Cornell (1-MSTP)
Duke (1)
Georgetown (10)
Hawaii (1)
Mayo (5)
Nebraska (1)
Pitt (5)
Stanford (4)
SUNY-Upstate (1)
Tulane (2)
University of Chicago (15)
University of Minnesota-Duluth (2)
Univ of Washington (2)
Univ of Virginia (1)
VCU/MCV (2)
West Virginia (1)
Eastern Virginia (1)
UCSF(4)
UCLA(1-MSTP)
Yale(1-MSTP)[/QB][/QUOTE]
 
wow, georgetown sure has been busy. they just sent me my first rejection of the year too. that was $90 well spent, asi es la vida.

Case (7)
Cornell (1-MSTP)
Duke (1)
Georgetown (10)
Hawaii (1)
Mayo (5)
Nebraska (1)
Pitt (5)
Stanford (4)
SUNY-Upstate (1)
Tulane (2)
University of Chicago (15)
University of Minnesota-Duluth (2)
Univ of Washington (2)
Univ of Virginia (1)
VCU/MCV (2)
West Virginia (1)
Eastern Virginia (1)
UCSF(4)
UCLA(1-MSTP)
Yale(1-MSTP)
 
my first rejection...and still not one interview...oh the dissapointment


Case (7)
Cornell (1-MSTP)
Duke (1)
Georgetown (11)
Hawaii (1)
Mayo (5)
Nebraska (1)
Pitt (5)
Stanford (4)
SUNY-Upstate (1)
Tulane (2)
University of Chicago (15)
University of Minnesota-Duluth (2)
Univ of Washington (2)
Univ of Virginia (1)
VCU/MCV (2)
West Virginia (1)
Eastern Virginia (1)
UCSF(4)
UCLA(1-MSTP)
Yale(1-MSTP)

🙁
 
Gooloogooloo: I didn't add Eastern Virginia dude. I added a Tulane and a Georgetown. Pisano and the Georgetown folks can shove it up their a$$ as far as I'm concerned.
 
man, what is up with georgetown.... i thought there may have been some mistake when i got my rejection, but i guess not now.. i'll add that. my stats are gpa 3.57, science gpa 3.71 mcat 29. I know my stats are just a little below g town's average, but not much.... and my credit rating is awesome! i don't know why they are rejection so many people so early.

i mean i wasn't so sure that I would get accepted, but from the paper they sent of the average stats of the people they interview and the average stats of the folks they accept, i was right there, so i thought I would get at least that. well, still got my state schools to look to.

I'll add one for G-town..
 
Case (7)
Cornell (1-MSTP)
Duke (1)
Georgetown (12)
Hawaii (1)
Mayo (5)
Nebraska (1)
Pitt (5)
Stanford (4)
SUNY-Upstate (1)
Tulane (2)
University of Chicago (15)
University of Minnesota-Duluth (2)
Univ of Washington (2)
Univ of Virginia (1)
VCU/MCV (2)
West Virginia (1)
Eastern Virginia (1)
UCSF(4)
UCLA(1-MSTP)
Yale(1-MSTP)
 
oh yeah i forgot all about stanford, they rejected me like 3 months ago, before i even sent out my AMCAS!, i think i'll call georgetown the "stanford of the east."

Case (7)
Cornell (1-MSTP)
Duke (1)
Georgetown (12)
Hawaii (1)
Mayo (5)
Nebraska (1)
Pitt (5)
Stanford (5)
SUNY-Upstate (1)
Tulane (2)
University of Chicago (15)
University of Minnesota-Duluth (2)
Univ of Washington (2)
Univ of Virginia (1)
VCU/MCV (2)
West Virginia (1)
Eastern Virginia (1)
UCSF(4)
UCLA(1-MSTP)
Yale(1-MSTP)
 
you guys just made me feel better...it sucks to get your first rejection before you've been accepted somewhere...

chalk another one up for g-town (who in hell got into this school???)...

Case (7)
Cornell (1-MSTP)
Duke (1)
Georgetown (13)
Hawaii (1)
Mayo (5)
Nebraska (1)
Pitt (5)
Stanford (5)
SUNY-Upstate (1)
Tulane (2)
University of Chicago (15)
University of Minnesota-Duluth (2)
Univ of Washington (2)
Univ of Virginia (1)
VCU/MCV (2)
West Virginia (1)
Eastern Virginia (1)
UCSF(4)
UCLA(1-MSTP)
Yale(1-MSTP)
 
chalk another one up for GTown...

Case (7)
Cornell (1-MSTP)
Duke (1)
Georgetown (14)
Hawaii (1)
Mayo (5)
Nebraska (1)
Pitt (5)
Stanford (5)
SUNY-Upstate (1)
Tulane (2)
University of Chicago (15)
University of Minnesota-Duluth (2)
Univ of Washington (2)
Univ of Virginia (1)
VCU/MCV (2)
West Virginia (1)
Eastern Virginia (1)
UCSF(4)
UCLA(1-MSTP)
Yale(1-MSTP)
 
chalk another one up for g-town (hmm...do we see a trend here...?)

Case (7)
Cornell (1-MSTP)
Duke (1)
Georgetown (14)
Hawaii (1)
Mayo (5)
Nebraska (1)
Pitt (5)
Stanford (5)
SUNY-Upstate (1)
Tulane (2)
University of Chicago (15)
University of Minnesota-Duluth (2)
Univ of Washington (2)
Univ of Virginia (1)
VCU/MCV (2)
West Virginia (1)
Eastern Virginia (1)
UCSF(4)
UCLA(1-MSTP)
Yale(1-MSTP)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
DAMN! G-Town has been busy! No rejection here, but then no interview either! 😱
 
Add one from Wake Forest (No secondary! No interview!)... Oh well, I have one acceptance and am happy!

Case (7)
Cornell (1-MSTP)
Duke (1)
Georgetown (14)
Hawaii (1)
Mayo (5)
Nebraska (1)
Pitt (5)
Stanford (5)
SUNY-Upstate (1)
Tulane (2)
University of Chicago (15)
University of Minnesota-Duluth (2)
Univ of Washington (2)
Univ of Virginia (1)
VCU/MCV (2)
West Virginia (1)
Eastern Virginia (1)
UCSF(4)
UCLA(1-MSTP)
Wake Forest (1)
Yale(1-MSTP)
 
Add another for UCSF... oh well, I am international, so it was a long shot... At least I got an MCW interview to soften the blow.

Case (7)
Cornell (1-MSTP)
Duke (1)
Georgetown (14)
Hawaii (1)
Mayo (5)
Nebraska (1)
Pitt (5)
Stanford (5)
SUNY-Upstate (1)
Tulane (2)
University of Chicago (15)
University of Minnesota-Duluth (2)
Univ of Washington (2)
Univ of Virginia (1)
VCU/MCV (2)
West Virginia (1)
Eastern Virginia (1)
UCSF(5)
UCLA(1-MSTP)
Wake Forest (1)
Yale(1-MSTP)
 
Georgetown, you can officially kiss my butt. Theres no way I'm going to your school. You offered me an interview but I'm rejecting YOU before you have a chance to reject me.
 
I am international too but I applied to UCSF just for the fun of it-they admitted one international in six years. I am waiting their rejection any minute, but they are being lazy and I am still to hear from them. Hope it arrives with interview invite from another school. Preferably Stanford.