Relative Difficult of TBR Exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dipak_ramkumar

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to ask those that have had experience with teh Berkeley Review exams and sectional tests on their relative difficulty compared with EK, Kaplan, TPR, etc. How reflective were these tests to the real deal?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to ask those that have had experience with teh Berkeley Review exams and sectional tests on their relative difficulty compared with EK, Kaplan, TPR, etc. How reflective were these tests to the real deal?

Thanks

I know several people who took Berkeley Review practice exams and also the tests realeased by AAMC. In general, people say that Berkeley Review exams are harder and have a harsher scale, but I also had people tell me that their scores were more or less the same on Berkeley and AAMC exams.

Thanks very much for your response. I have been taking the General Chemistry and the Physics exams at the end of each chapter and they are brutal. I hope that the real deal is not like this.

Thanks very much for your response. I have been taking the General Chemistry and the Physics exams at the end of each chapter and they are brutal. I hope that the real deal is not like this.

The first section in each book is designed to be a bit brutal (a wakeup call if you will). As you get into the flow of things, it will get progressively better and better. And I think I mentioned in class (hope I did at least), that about a quarter of the questions are overkill for the following reason: the best way to make sure someone reads about what we consider to be a key topic is to ask a question they'll get wrong, so that they'll go through the answer explanation. While this may hurt your self-confidence a bit, the trade off is a better grasp of the concepts. Keep in mind that the book passages are not a practice test; they are a review. Don't worry too much about the scores. 4/7 is what most people average on the science passages and they end up averaging about 10.5 on the real exam, so keep plugging away.

Well, I didn't start doing the passages until after I felt fairly comfortable with the material, which is not what most people do. Most people dive right into passages. I got 6/7 right (on average) on the Physics passages, but I didn't time myself. This week I'll be doing G-Chem...