Relative Difficulty of The Kaplan Full Length Exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dipak_ramkumar

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to know if those that have completed all 11 Kaplan Full Lengths and the AAMC 3R-8 exams to rate them in order of difficulty. Please use a scale of 1-10, 1 being the easiest, and 10 being the hardest.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I was wondering if someone can tell me if the only way to get the 11 Kaplan full lengths exams is to enroll in their classes or can I buy the tests individually? - Do you really get 11 full lengths with Kaplan? - Thanks

dipak_ramkumar said:
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to know if those that have completed all 11 Kaplan Full Lengths and the AAMC 3R-8 exams to rate them in order of difficulty. Please use a scale of 1-10, 1 being the easiest, and 10 being the hardest.

dipak_ramkumar said:
Hey Guys,

The Kaplan tests are significantly harder than all the AAMC ones. Kaplan 6-11 are generally harder than 1-5. Also, the difficulty of 1-5 differs for every section. For example, the Physics section on FL1 was much harder than the verbal and biology. Some people are stronger in some physics topics than other ones, so difficulty also varies by person.

To summarize...

Kaplan 6-11 > Kaplan 1-5 >> AAMC tests.

I would suggest doing AAMC 6,7 and 8 and maybe 3 of the Kaplan 6-11 exams in addition to the 1-5 they make you do.

Good luck!

elsa said:
Hi,
I was wondering if someone can tell me if the only way to get the 11 Kaplan full lengths exams is to enroll in their classes or can I buy the tests individually? - Do you really get 11 full lengths with Kaplan? - Thanks

Yes,

The only legal way to get the exams is to enroll in the course. I stongly recommend that because not only do you get the 11 exams, but you also get practice in simulated testing conditions with other people. This makes sure that you don't freak out on test day.