Relearn everything for the OATs

Jfder

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I graduated from college quite a few years ago so I don't remember much of anything besides Bio(which was my major). Anyone out there was in a similar situation? Were you able to successfully relearn everything and do well on the OATs? I'm currently using all the OAT destroyer. Thoughts anyone?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I finished all of my pre-req's by 2004 and went on to take some upper level biology classes from 2004-2007, went away from college for a little while and took OAT in May 2010 and had a fairly successful score without studying too much (2 months, 4-5 hours a day, 6 days a week). I studied very hard for MCAT back in 2007 summer, so I would say that i forgot most of it but had good resources from MCAT books that I used back then. I would ask around and see if some of your Bio major friends have MCAT prep books from Kaplan courses (not the one big book but like 4 books from the course that they offer) or Princeton Review (they have good contents, so I have heard). The thing you have to remember about OAT is that the questions are based on having solid knowledge on basic concepts of all of the subjects. They will twist questions here and there but ultimately it's all about do you know basic concepts of this or not. I found Biology to be the hardest since it's not just a few equations to remember but you do have to memorize details of Kreb Cycle and all that (not too much details but the basic outlines of all the main bio 101 stuff). Other than that, if you have once understood and knew concepts in chemistry, physics, o-chem, look at them again and make it into your own condensed study guide without dwelling too much on details.

For math, I flipped through high school algebra and pre-calc books and made sure I remembered some rules and stuff... and this is coming from a math geek: PRACTICE TIMING before taking the actual test for math section!!!