Released Items for Step I

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

California

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering how much faith I should put in to my performance on "Released Items Step I"? Simply put, what do you think a 60% means, a 70%, 90%, etc.? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

What was your percentage. I got around 85% and got 250. I think those questions are closest to the test but easier. Definitely 1-2 questions will come almost verbatim from it.

I took it as kind of a diagnostic test. I got 71%, but I haven't studied most of the subjects. I feel confident that I could get in the 80s if I took it for the first time later on in my studies. I don't have that much time, though. Only five more weeks!

How far along in your studies were you when you took it? This will help me compare instead of stressing me out.

I took it the day before the test. It's best to do so because like i said some of the questions will repeat. if that was diagnostic you should be fine. again, it all comes down to test day for the most part.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know this is probably a silly question, and I'm sure I could find the answer on another thread, but I'm not even sure what I should be looking for... OK, so where are the "released items"? I see the explinations to the "released items" on my Q-bank home page, but where's the questions?

Please forgive my ignorance, there's only so much room up in my noodle and it's all been taken :scared:

~Bean

Heehee, OK seriously. I sooo need some sleep! :eek: It's the 3 sets of 50 questions you get from USMLE.org, right? Slowly... but surely :laugh:

StringBean said:
Heehee, OK seriously. I sooo need some sleep! :eek: It's the 3 sets of 50 questions you get from USMLE.org, right? Slowly... but surely :laugh:

Yep...those are the ones. By the way my friend's nickname is Bean. We used to thnk he looked like Mr. Bean a long time ago, doesn't anymore but the name stuck. Where does yours come from?

For those who have the time/money, the CBSSA offered by the NBME is a 4 block test that gives you a mean etc.

Having taken form A for that and done the released items, I honestly think they both feel extremely similar, and they do share atleast 1 question.