Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

relocate

Discussion in 'Underrepresented in Healthcare' started by hall432, Apr 21, 2007.

1. hall432

Hello,
    I am new here but wanted to post a question. I would like to know how many URMs that are from the North are planning to move either south or out west once school/ residency/ or training is complete. Is your decision to relocate base more on professional or personal issues? How much does reimbursement rates play into your decision? How much does mentorship play into your decision? How much does malpractice issues matter? What about racial or professional isolation?
    Thanks

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. njbmd

njbmd Guest
    Moderator Emeritus

Attending Physician
    I was born in Virginia and will likely stay in Virginia. I love practicing medicine in Virginia and will likely end up at Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond. It's a great place to practice with a large underserved population, a vibrant and high-functioning Veterans Hospital and a great hospital that is well-run.