relocate

Started by hall432
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hall432

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,
I am new here but wanted to post a question. I would like to know how many URMs that are from the North are planning to move either south or out west once school/ residency/ or training is complete. Is your decision to relocate base more on professional or personal issues? How much does reimbursement rates play into your decision? How much does mentorship play into your decision? How much does malpractice issues matter? What about racial or professional isolation?
Thanks
 
I was born in Virginia and will likely stay in Virginia. I love practicing medicine in Virginia and will likely end up at Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond. It's a great place to practice with a large underserved population, a vibrant and high-functioning Veterans Hospital and a great hospital that is well-run.