Remote MOC exam now open book!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pathdoc33

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I signed up for this spring's remote MOC exam last fall. Today I get an email confirming the dates and reminding me to take the practice exam. Buried halfway through there is a blurb about how starting with the March 2018 exams, physical reference material such as books and notes will be allowed during the exam. Electronic reference materials and, randomly, writing on paper are no-nos (but you're allowed a dry erase board).

WTF!!! Annoyed that I already paid for an online MOC Q&A program, and feel horrible for my colleagues who already took their MOC exam. Lastly, having an open book exam is ridiculous - are we beyond pretending that MOC keeps us competent? Or are they just going to change the questions and make them ridiculously hard? Stupid.

Members don't see this ad.

I signed up for this spring's remote MOC exam last fall. Today I get an email confirming the dates and reminding me to take the practice exam. Buried halfway through there is a blurb about how starting with the March 2018 exams, physical reference material such as books and notes will be allowed during the exam. Electronic reference materials and, randomly, writing on paper are no-nos (but you're allowed a dry erase board).

WTF!!! Annoyed that I already paid for an online MOC Q&A program, and feel horrible for my colleagues who already took their MOC exam. Lastly, having an open book exam is ridiculous - are we beyond pretending that MOC keeps us competent? Or are they just going to change the questions and make them ridiculously hard? Stupid.

Haha! As long as ABpath still makes the same amount of money per test taken...

huh what a joke....open book? seriously