Remote verification from India?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

museabuse

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is this even possible, I mean legally?

Let say Wags infiltrates a state board with money and having pro wag pharmacists on a board. They go to state board and ask if they can move the central power office to India. Hire a bunch of Indian pharmacist bring them over here an get them licensed then ship them to India and pay them 2 dollars an hour to run power. Is this even legally possible?
Because if it is legally possible, i am sure someone at walgreens is thinking about it. That would save them lots of money and get the suit that implements it a huge bonus.

Members don't see this ad.

As a general rule: you can't outsource direct patient care

Some aspect of pharmacy, i.e., drug information...maybe

Is this even possible, I mean legally?

Let say Wags infiltrates a state board with money and having pro wag pharmacists on a board. They go to state board and ask if they can move the central power office to India. Hire a bunch of Indian pharmacist bring them over here an get them licensed then ship them to India and pay them 2 dollars an hour to run power. Is this even legally possible?
Because if it is legally possible, i am sure someone at walgreens is thinking about it. That would save them lots of money and get the suit that implements it a huge bonus.

How do you think crap like POWER happens? State Boards are full of corporate stooges. That’s how they get this ridiculous stuff implemented. Trust me CVS and Walgreens are doing everything they can to eliminate pharmacists. POWER is a shining example.

Members don't see this ad :)
How do you think crap like POWER happens? State Boards are full of corporate stooges. That’s how they get this ridiculous stuff implemented. Trust me CVS and Walgreens are doing everything they can to eliminate pharmacists. POWER is a shining example.

true stuff. but as soon as a news report or anything breaks about outsourcing there would be outrage both from pharmacists and from patients. I don't think they would want their meds to be checked by someone else.

But most patients don't even know a pharmacist must check the medication! I heard many impatient customers at the counter say "what's he doing??" when I open the vial to verify the tablets...

Unless laws are changed, remote verification has to be done by a pharmacist licensed in the U.S. Most Indian grads do not have the minimal educational requirements to be a pharmacist in the U.S. anyway. It'll be very expense to bring them over and get them licensed in the first place. Many of them take multiple times to pass all the exams.

true stuff. but as soon as a news report or anything breaks about outsourcing there would be outrage both from pharmacists and from patients. I don't think they would want their meds to be checked by someone else.

No one would be outraged. The general public has no clue about pharmacy and is completely apathetic towards it. Thanks to the McDonaldization of our profession by the big corporate pharmacy chains, the public only cares about how fast they get their medication. If outsourcing to India meant they could get their meds 2 seconds faster they would be all for it. Most of the general public could care less about who fills their medications. They want it fast and right NOW just like their Big Mac's.

Here's how I would do it.

I would go to India and recruit their top young pharmacy grads. Bring them over to the US and put them through a program and get them licensed in certain states. I would have them sign a 5 year service contract for them to work as a remote order verification pharmacist in India and in return, let them transfer to US store after service is done and if they meet the merit requirement.

Of course I'm just playing devil's advocate but that's how I would pitch it to the Wag's corp.. and of course I would run that program and they'd have to pay me alot of money and bonus for the job.

There are some states in the US where order processing has to be done in the state.. Louisiana and PA I think. So Oldtimer is safe.

Seriously? You are correcting my grammar?

Where the hell have you been?

Working, traveling, camping, working on cars, and stuff.

You like my idea how I'm going to pitch remote verification to Wags and CVS?

...working on cars....

Uh oh, we must discuss, thread hijacking be damned. We need details Z. I couldn't not care less.

You like my idea how I'm going to pitch remote verification to Wags and CVS?

You're one sick son of a bitch. That's exactly how it would play out. Please don't become corporate scum. Your ideas are dangerous.

Uh oh, we must discuss, thread hijacking be damned. We need details Z. I couldn't not care less.

You're one sick son of a bitch. That's exactly how it would play out. Please don't become corporate scum. Your ideas are dangerous.

trying to retrofit an intermediate shaft bearing in a highly refined german sports car before it has a catastrophic engine failure.
dont worry bout my remote verification idea..if anyone tries it i will hire a sniper to take him out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually, I did transmission fluid drain and fill on 3 cars, differential fluid change in 1, and an oil change ($250 at a dealer) on the other. I also laid laminate floor in the RV to get ready for the camping and trip season.

I still have a lot more to do as I need to change the oil and tranny fluid in the RV and Allison service center or Freightliner would charge me an arm and a leg and half. I also need to touch up rust spots on the RV frame for the season.. roof is ok.

Let's see... changed sparks on 3 cars.. took off a throttle body and cleaned on one.. Just a load of maintenance stuff. I still need to do the sparks on one car but that requires a removal of exhaust pipes.. there's just not a whole lotta room in a rear engine cars.

img8439gt.jpg

img8444x.jpg

I got bored..decided it's time for an oil change.
How can anyone charge $250 for this job..
Gettin Ready,
p1050149u.jpg

Supplies!
p1050151g.jpg

Jacked up!
p1050153.jpg

Woops,
p1050154.jpg

Dirty vs. Clean
p1050156s.jpg

And you work on the thing, respect. Nice RV, by the way.

Thanks dood... y'know it's just nuts and bolts.. you loosen em up..either repair or replace the part and tighten it.. really not much to it..

If I had a lift and tranny jack, I'd drop the tranny and replace the IMS bearing myself but I don't have a real jack.. so I'll be shelling out 12 hours of labor for the bearing replacement.

Thanks dood... y'know it's just nuts and bolts.. you loosen em up..either repair or replace the part and tighten it.. really not much to it..

If I had a lift and tranny jack, I'd drop the tranny and replace the IMS bearing myself but I don't have a real jack.. so I'll be shelling out 12 hours of labor for the bearing replacement.
BOO! In my younger days, I did a clutch job in an apartment parking lot with a hand jack, two jack stands, a metric set, a wratchet, and a big fuggin pipe for leverage to get the axle nuts off. I for one look forward to the days that I can get back to spending 12 hrs in the garage instead of studying books.

BOO! In my younger days, I did a clutch job in an apartment parking lot with a hand jack, two jack stands, a metric set, a wratchet, and a big fuggin pipe for leverage to get the axle nuts off. I for one look forward to the days that I can get back to spending 12 hrs in the garage instead of studying books.

ok big boy..i will set u up with 4 floor jacks and a case of beer and air tools.
and fly u in. come and do it.

10 quarts of new mobil 1 euro bland makes p car happy.

whens the last time you changed oil in a 3.6L engine with 9,6qt of oil?

Total amateur......look at all that oil on the garage floor. The work of a rookie. I would be embarrassed to post those pictures.
I bet he takes it out and is granny shiftin' not double clutchin' like he should. Yo Stazi, there's a railroad track a quarter mile down the road, when the light turns green, I'm going for it :smuggrin:

I bet he takes it out and is granny shiftin' not double clutchin' like he should. Yo Stazi, there's a railroad track a quarter mile down the road, when the light turns green, I'm going for it :smuggrin:

its a tip you fool. my previous 911 was 6 spd but i drink coffee and talk on the phone when i drive and i only have 2 arms. now ur gonna do what with the rr?

its a tip you fool. my previous 911 was 6 spd but i drink coffee and talk on the phone when i drive and i only have 2 arms. now ur gonna do what with the rr?

did you recognize the movie quote? I think he was sayin he wanted to see if you could prove your car was fast in a head to head race vs DEATH , aka an oncoming train :laugh:.. or he could just be a movie fan

did you recognize the movie quote? I think he was sayin he wanted to see if you could prove your car was fast in a head to head race vs DEATH , aka an oncoming train :laugh:.. or he could just be a movie fan

What is wrong with you Z? You make a mess changing oil like a 16 year doing it for the first time on his used Hyundai and than you miss a sweet quote from the Fast and Furious. Man, you are losing it.....

You need to be like me i live my life one 1/4 mile at a time....

whens the last time you changed oil in a 3.6L engine with 9,6qt of oil?

Never. Nor will I ever change the oil on one of those elitist, look at me I have money European sports cars. I will however be changing the oil on one of these bad boys soon. This is the baddest car produced by an American car company in 40 years.

A Detonator Yellow 2010 Challenger R/T with a 5.7-liter HEMI V8 engine with a 6-speed manual transmission producing 375 horsepower. BADASS!!!!!

detonatoryellow2010chal.jpg

Last edited:
Never. Nor will I ever change the oil on one of those elitist, look at me I have money European sports cars. I will however be changing the oil on one of these bad boys soon. This is the baddest car produced by an American car company in 40 years.

A 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8 with a 6.1-liter HEMI V8 engine with a 6-speed manual transmission. It Produces 425 horsepower and 420 lb-ft of torque with touring suspension, traction control, stability control. BADASS!!

dodgechallengers.jpg

Its the best looking modern classic that has rolled out imo. With that said, I still wouldn't buy one as even with its ~400hp srt8 model, its only hitting 13sec 1/4s as its a pig. Need more Function > Form

Its the best looking modern classic that has rolled out imo. With that said, I still wouldn't buy one as even with its ~400hp srt8 model, its only hitting 13sec 1/4s as its a pig. Need more Function > Form

You were to fast for me! I changed the picture after you replied. I found a Detonator Yellow Picture which is what I am looking at. I am also looking at R/T's not the srt8. I now all the knocks on it -too heavy, interior to boring ya ya ya. I still think it is a Badass looking car and truer to its roots than either the Mustang or the new Camero. I have been a mopar man since I was a kid. My first car was a '67 Dodge Dart. I drove a '69 Road Runner for awhile in high school. My Dad sold it after I got 3 exibition of speed tickets in two weeks.

fast and furious? i dont have time for stupid movies like that. give me dumb and dumber or star trek anyday.
and why you gotta criticize my car....i happen to enjoy fine german engineering since i first drove my vw scirroco in hs and college.

mopar???? lol.

I go to Sears, leave the car, walk around the mall, get me some Bourbon chicken at the food court, come back and its done.

Haha, I win.

LOVE that movie!

BTW StaviZ: nice ride! Also, that 0W40 is hard to find (at least in the midwest). I usually have to settle for 0W30.

timing is everything..and be willing to move.
Check and check. Will definitely hit you up at some point.

I go to Sears, leave the car, walk around the mall, get me some Bourbon chicken at the food court, come back and its done.

Haha, I win.

I don't drink or watch sports like most guys, but I'm a hell of a car fanatic. Its a bug that bites you and you never get over it.

1949 Chevy 3100 Series that my father and I did a frame down restoration on over a 10yr span

2-8.jpg

1992 Honda Del Sol SiR that I toyed around with for awhile before I decided to finish my degree and head to pharm school (ie give up all my hobbies for sometime)
060.jpg

(its the blue one that everyone is staring at because its right hand drive and has a transtop - automatic targa top removal system)

I don't wrench anymore, but I miss it like hell.

LOVE that movie!

BTW StaviZ: nice ride! Also, that 0W40 is hard to find (at least in the midwest). I usually have to settle for 0W30.

You can always Amazon.com it if you need to. Every little ole auto part stores in my area carry 0W40... but it's a very thin oil...why do you need it?

Nice Truck Joe...

As far as coffee goes.. during my P-1 year, this P4 dude I looked up to got me hooked on grinding my own beans and brewing daily... that was 1991... I've been grinding beans daily since. In fact, every pharmacy I've ever worked at...you'll find a bean grinder and coffee maker.. I just leave them there and moved on..

During early years, I really liked hazle nut blend.. but got tired of it after some years...never enjoyed french roast or kona blend...

But now..good ole Columbian is what I like.

For you Car Lovers, Take a look at this guy. Buy some of his books. They are amazing.

gal_lotus.jpg

gal_Alfa-Romeo-Monza-8C.jpg

Watch this interview at Jay Leno's Garage

I'm dying to shoot some cars. One of my colleagues just bought the new Camaro in black and painted on custom blood orange stripes...it's absolutely gorgeous. As soon as Spring is in full bloom we're going to take it out for a shoot! :thumbup:

You can always Amazon.com it if you need to. Every little ole auto part stores in my area carry 0W40... but it's a very thin oil...why do you need it?

Hmmm strange...I can't seem to find it anywhere around here.

Synthetic 0W40 is the manufacturer recommended oil for my engine (1.8 liter 20 valve turbo). Plus, the thinner stuff is really good for winter weather around Iowa/Minnesota.

I agree wholeheartedly with you about German engineering, although the quality has gone down over the last few years (likely a result of integrating all the new technology). Do you get much of a chance to really drive it like a Porsche where you live (and/or take it to the track)?

I've also become a big fan of Ford over the last few years....they are finally starting to produce some worthwhile cars again, and I would love to see them reclaim some of the Japanese dominated market.

I don't track but I let the engine rev till the engine falls off.. ok, I don't redline but I rarely drive at 2,000 rpm or below... typically between 3 to 4K rpm and I take hard turns. With the rear engine...it likes to oversteer some.

Your Autozone or O'Reily should have 0w40.. of course it doesn't come in 5 qt size... it's hard for me find 10 qt..but you shouldn't have a hard time finding 3 to 4 qts..

I haven't been here for too long, but I must say... this was one hell of a hijack. Makes me wanna fist pump.

fist-pump.gif

Nice Truck Joe...

As far as coffee goes.. during my P-1 year, this P4 dude I looked up to got me hooked on grinding my own beans and brewing daily... that was 1991... I've been grinding beans daily since. In fact, every pharmacy I've ever worked at...you'll find a bean grinder and coffee maker.. I just leave them there and moved on..

During early years, I really liked hazle nut blend.. but got tired of it after some years...never enjoyed french roast or kona blend...

But now..good ole Columbian is what I like.
Columbian is good. Lately, I've been really digging a lot of the bold coffees like Sumatra and Ethiopian Harrar as the flavors are so distinct (after tasting Sumatra, you could easily pull a blindfold taste test). Right now I'm sitting on a 25lb bag of Guatemalan Antigua that I've been roasting and trying to find the sweet spot. When you hit it, its my favorite coffee. Really almost tastes like dark chocolate, the coca taste.