Removing transfer credit from transcript??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kmac6225

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I have a random question that I was hoping someone had some insight on!
I transferred to Hofstra University from Boston University. I have 9 credits that transferred over from BU to Hofstra (3 bio courses). My transcript from BU is absolutely horrible with two F's and a C+.
Since I've been at Hofstra, I have a 3.3 GPA, and am interested in applying to Dental schools in the near future.

Does anyone think that it is possible to eliminate all of my transfer credits from BU, leaving me with 3 more classes to take to graduate at Hofstra, so that no record of BU shows up on my final Hofstra transcript?? I would never want an admissions board seeing my BU transcript, and my BU gpa killing my overall GPA. If I could just make up those 9 credits, I would in a heartbeat!

Let me know what you all think! Thanks for any input!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello!

I have a random question that I was hoping someone had some insight on!
I transferred to Hofstra University from Boston University. I have 9 credits that transferred over from BU to Hofstra (3 bio courses). My transcript from BU is absolutely horrible with two F's and a C+.
Since I've been at Hofstra, I have a 3.3 GPA, and am interested in applying to Dental schools in the near future.

Does anyone think that it is possible to eliminate all of my transfer credits from BU, leaving me with 3 more classes to take to graduate at Hofstra, so that no record of BU shows up on my final Hofstra transcript?? I would never want an admissions board seeing my BU transcript, and my BU gpa killing my overall GPA. If I could just make up those 9 credits, I would in a heartbeat!

Let me know what you all think! Thanks for any input!

Well yes and no...I will say yes because on AADSAS, the website that you apply to dental school from, you CAN skip from adding that school as if you never took classes there...a little "unethical" I would say, but do what you gotta do!
No because when you transfered, you reported these classes to the school your currently attending. Which raises up the question...the classes you took, did they count for anything when you transfered? Like where they a pre-requisite from the classes you are currently taking? If so, then I think your out of luck. However, if they where classes you took for the "heck of it" yea dont worry about it!

just call admissions and records and tell them to ignore the 9 credits you transfered. Also tell them you want to apply as a new student not a transfer student. That should fix everything.

Sorry you're stuck with those grades. You could take the courses over and get better grades if you think that will look better but your grades are always going to be with you. Go ahead and hide it from AADSAS. See how far that gets you when you apply and dental schools find out you lied about your grades.

Members don't see this ad :)
You are required to report all grades from all post secondary schools you ever attended. Even if you get the BU grades off your current transcript AADSAS will still require the official BU transcript because it is a post secondary school that you attended. You could lie about it, but that would be at your risk. Also, if and when you get accepted to a school they will ask for the official transcripts for all schools you attended. The fact that is was "only" nine credits or that is is lowering your GPA is irrelevant.

u have to report it. Let's say you get in... They can do a background check thru student clearing house and revoke ur admission. For that reason, I also had to report comm college transcript which was filled with Fs and Cs ( lowered my cumm gpa by 0.23). But I turned out fine. Most schools told me they only look at last two years. So don't worry so much little one...

Thanks for the replies everyone!

It was a light bulb moment when I thought to have Hofstra remove the grades, but I never gave it much thought after that. I'm going to have to send in the terrible transcript, but luckily the grades were in the Fall of 2003 through the Fall of 2004, so hopefully they won't matter as much as my current grades!

Thanks again for all of the input

u have to report it. Let's say you get in... They can do a background check thru student clearing house and revoke ur admission. For that reason, I also had to report comm college transcript which was filled with Fs and Cs ( lowered my cumm gpa by 0.23). But I turned out fine. Most schools told me they only look at last two years. So don't worry so much little one...

I have 22 Ws and am considering repeating undergrad. I have a 3.1 sci gpa and a 3.5 overall, from a tier 4 university. Is it that easy for dental schools or AADSAS to find out about every school I attended? Student clearing house??

I have 22 Ws and am considering repeating undergrad. I have a 3.1 sci gpa and a 3.5 overall, from a tier 4 university. Is it that easy for dental schools or AADSAS to find out about every school I attended? Student clearing house??

I'm sure anyone can look up anyone's history with the correct personal information (e.g. SSN). I wouldn't want to lie now and have my degree/license revoked down the line.

Thanks for the replies everyone!

It was a light bulb moment when I thought to have Hofstra remove the grades, but I never gave it much thought after that. I'm going to have to send in the terrible transcript, but luckily the grades were in the Fall of 2003 through the Fall of 2004, so hopefully they won't matter as much as my current grades!

Thanks again for all of the input

Grades from that long ago won't affect your chances much, if at all. Schools like to see an upward trend... if you had FINISHED with 2 F's... that could be a problem :)