Renewing NRP and PALS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Goneril

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am four years out of residency and working as a general pediatrician. I'm looking for moonlighting hospitalist jobs but it seems I need to renew NRP and possibly PALS. I don't want to go through the renewal process if I don't really have a chance of landing these positions, especially since I have not really done any hospital work since graduating residency.

Of course, I will renew both NRP and PALS (since they are required) but I don't want to waste time and money doing so, if my four years out of residency is going to keep me from getting a moonlighting gig.

Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I am four years out of residency and working as a general pediatrician. I'm looking for moonlighting hospitalist jobs but it seems I need to renew NRP and possibly PALS. I don't want to go through the renewal process if I don't really have a chance of landing these positions, especially since I have not really done any hospital work since graduating residency.

Of course, I will renew both NRP and PALS (since they are required) but I don't want to waste time and money doing so, if my four years out of residency is going to keep me from getting a moonlighting gig.

Any thoughts?
You don’t want to renew it because of the cost? Did you ask the hospital where you are trying to moonlight if they will cover the cost?

Members don't see this ad :)
It’s the cost and the time. But mostly the hassle.