• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Renewing NRP and PALS

Goneril

7+ Year Member
Mar 30, 2012
  1. Non-Student
I am four years out of residency and working as a general pediatrician. I'm looking for moonlighting hospitalist jobs but it seems I need to renew NRP and possibly PALS. I don't want to go through the renewal process if I don't really have a chance of landing these positions, especially since I have not really done any hospital work since graduating residency.

Of course, I will renew both NRP and PALS (since they are required) but I don't want to waste time and money doing so, if my four years out of residency is going to keep me from getting a moonlighting gig.

Any thoughts?

SurfingDoctor

"I'm having a wonderful time"
15+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2005
Omicron Persei 8
  1. Attending Physician
I am four years out of residency and working as a general pediatrician. I'm looking for moonlighting hospitalist jobs but it seems I need to renew NRP and possibly PALS. I don't want to go through the renewal process if I don't really have a chance of landing these positions, especially since I have not really done any hospital work since graduating residency.

Of course, I will renew both NRP and PALS (since they are required) but I don't want to waste time and money doing so, if my four years out of residency is going to keep me from getting a moonlighting gig.

Any thoughts?
You don’t want to renew it because of the cost? Did you ask the hospital where you are trying to moonlight if they will cover the cost?

About the Ads
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.