repeat and match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skiracr

Reaction score
Hi all, I really want to do child neurology. Unfortunately I'll be repeating first year due to some family/academic issues. If I come back and do well (I've been working to address these issues) and have a pass/fail usmle. Do you think I could have a chance to match? I'm at a DO school.

Members don't see this ad.

I think this is doable. Strong performance for the remainder of medical school will go a long way. Don't worry about Step 1 becoming pass/fail. Step 2CK will almost certainly take its place in selection processes, so there will still be ways to distinguish yourself. Study hard and stay happy and healthy, OP!

I think this is doable. Strong performance for the remainder of medical school will go a long way. Don't worry about Step 1 becoming pass/fail. Step 2CK will almost certainly take its place in selection processes, so there will still be ways to distinguish yourself. Study hard and stay happy and healthy, OP!
thank you, this gives me hope!

I think it’s 100% still possible. It’s still early in your medical school career. Let this be a kick in the ass and kill it from here on out.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN