Repeat Classes and Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stanford Fencer

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok.. one more question.
I repeated 2 classes at Stanford. I know that on the application, they want the original grade as well. However, at Stanford, they wipe out the first grade completely, and give you no units, if you repeat a certain class. Do I still need to report a grade that doesn't even show up on the Stanford transcript? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

You said they wipe out the units...so do they still list the course under the semester you took but just leave the units and grade columns blank? If that's the case, and the course is still listed on your transcript for the original semester you took it (even if no units/grade) you still need to report it to AADSAS. However, if the original listing of the course from the original semester you first took it has been completely wiped out (i.e., even the course name doesn't appear) then no, you don't need to include it. :cool:

hey waiting...
thanks for your enthusiastic responses. you da man!

ok. so it looks like this

Biol 031 Biochem/Gene/Molec o (for units), RP (for grade).

What do you think? Stanford said that if no units, and no grades are up there, you can't be forced to put anything down, because you don't "remember" it.

Sounds like the repeats are still on your transcript Stanford. My first thought when I saw RP for grade was "repeat." You know, with your DAT score, I would not sweat the adcoms knowing you repeated a course or two. Be ready to explain the circumstances if asked, but DO NOT try to hide the repeats unless you are absolutely sure that they will not show up on your official transcript. As for the "can't remember" line, that is WEAK. Come on, do you expect the adcoms to believe that a bright kid like you cannot remember the grades you got on the first attempts. Don't shoot yourself in the foot. Some of the adcoms do try to get a feel for your ethical standards at those interviews.