Repeat internship

Started by FYC2004
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

FYC2004

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Im currently a PGY1 resident at a categorical IM program, I have some mayor family issues and I have to relocate to a different state my first choice would obviously be transfer as a second year PGY2 however that can be really hard to find a position, Is it possible for me to reapply this years match for IM in a different program, is this a violation? I would appreciate your help

thank you
 
Im currently a PGY1 resident at a categorical IM program, I have some mayor family issues and I have to relocate to a different state my first choice would obviously be transfer as a second year PGY2 however that can be really hard to find a position, Is it possible for me to reapply this years match for IM in a different program, is this a violation? I would appreciate your help

thank you
Not a violation. It happens not THAT infrequently, and I know a couple people who have done it.

The most important thing you'll need is a letter from your current PD saying you're a resident in good standing.