Repeated Courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FrogE7

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yes I know that ACOMAS takes your new grade for a repeated course. But what if you took say a 300 level physiology in undergrad and now are going to take two semesters of a 700 level physiology in grad school. Does that replace the old physiology grade? Or does it count in a graduate gpa? Also what about the fact that there will be two semesters of physiology? Is there a special place on the ACOMAS application to state physio I and II?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Though I'm not positive, I would imagine a physiology course taken in graduate school would count towards your graduate school gpa, not your undergraduate gpa. I don't believe it would replace your undergraduate course.

As for reporting your courses, I think you simply enter the courses on the application (along with the grade and when you took it). You enter the title of the course--there isn't really any need to distinguish one as physiology I and the other as physiology II unless this is in the actual course title.

Thanks Irish. Yes I just called AACOMAS and they told me that there is a seperate grad and undergrad gpa.

Wow my gpa is going to look so wierd since my math and computer sci grades are not steller and bring my overall gpa down. However since they do not count in my science gpa, it is a lot higher. I LOVE AACOMAS's way of grading!!! They really look at you in many different ways. Goes to show that you should always have different perspectives in life!

Members don't see this ad :)
As far as writing whether it's physio I or II, get a copy of your transcript and write it down as it is on your transcript. I remember that I had a similar question for other 2-semester subjects, and that was the answer I got.

Good luck applying!

Anybody know how to include something like this:

I took 3 quarters of O-chem during undergrad, but recently repeated first semester O-chem at a comm. college....how does that work???