1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Repeating a class

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by JRMDR, Sep 5, 2002.

1. JRMDR

JRMDR Member

I took a bio class twice in a CC and made two D's!! I took the class again at a Public School and made a B so will the aadass calculate all three grades into the GPA and science GPA?
    Thanks for the input guys!
    Pre-Dent

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ItsGavinC

Dentist Moderator Emeritus

Dentist
    Yep, all of the grades are calculated into the GPA. The B looks much better than the two Ds, but those two Ds really pull down the B as far as the GPA goes.

4. cochino

cochino Member

ItGavinC is right. I have repeated several classes and it brought my AADSAS gpa down significantly. Take hope in knowing that some schools look deeper into the application before they give you the ax. I have a gpa slightly lower than average and my DAT score was only 18/18, but I have received two interviews already and I will be meeting this next week with two other dental schools in regional interviews. So there is hope! Take comfort in that. Good luck!