Repeating courses taken during high school at a state university?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lulala123123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took calc III and linear Algebra during high school through dual enrollment and received college credits.

But I will be taking those classes again at my school. So I'm kinda in a dilemma right now.
Would this look weird? I know that those classes that I took during high school will appear under HS section for AMCAS GPA. So if I take those classes again at my school, would I be considered repeating those courses??

Members don't see this ad.

But would it look bad? I think I'm not the only one who has faced this kind of circumstance, and I would like to know whether adcoms will actually understand that my situation is unique.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
In the human world, anything of the same done more than once is considered a repeat.

Technically when it has been done three times it is reclassified as a three-peat

three-peat-chicago-bulls-historic-third-championship-michael-jordan-vhs-cover-art.jpg

But would it look bad? I think I'm not the only one who has faced this kind of circumstance, and I would like to know whether adcoms will actually understand that my situation is unique.

How would it "look bad"? If you are having to take them over because of poor initial performance, taking them again and doing well will look better than letting the poor grades stand as-is. If you have to take them again because the university requires you to (they didn't transfer, etc.) med schools know that schools have varying requirements, and at worst they will ask why you took the classes a second time. What are you worried about, exactly?

Technically when it has been done three times it is reclassified as a three-peat

three-peat-chicago-bulls-historic-third-championship-michael-jordan-vhs-cover-art.jpg

:thumbup:

Not really. There are many reasons to repeat a course taken during high school, one of them is performance. Many students feel unprepared and decide to retake it. I don't see any reason why it would become hurtful in the future.