Repeating prerequisite courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

poetsmission

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just finished my freshman year, and I did very poorly in bio, chem, and physics.
Should I repeat them, take them at a upper level, or just leave them alone and make sure the rest of my preqs and other courses are much higher to counter balance?

Members don't see this ad.

I just finished my freshman year, and I did very poorly in bio, chem, and physics.
Should I repeat them, take them at a upper level, or just leave them alone and make sure the rest of my preqs and other courses are much higher to counter balance?

If you have earned a C or higher, then don't retake, just pile on upper level bios and this time around, do yourself (and ur GPA) a favor and get good marks.

I had similar problem with my chemistry prerequisite : I called severals schools and they recommended to instead take upper courses in science to show that you can do better..I wanted to retake organic chemistry but instead i will be taking biochemistry, biostatistic, endocrinology and genetics..
Good Luck