Replication, transcription, translation animations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MtnGntx

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've seen a couple of posts over the months referencing animations of molecular processes within the cell. Can anyone link me to cool animations concerning DNA processing and translation?

Many thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

There's a great "Translation" vid that I saw a while back that looked like it was made in the 70s. It was basically a bunch of hippies running around - some clustered and rolled on the ground to make a "ribosome," while others formed a sort of conga line to represent mRNA. Then a guy ran around in some sort of costume (I think he was supposed to be the tRNA synthetase?) and puffed a little smoke behind him (not sure what the smoke was from...?) to symbolize the usage of GTP.

I think that everyone involved was on some kind of hallucinagenic drug. But it was pretty accurate.

There was groovy music in the background, too - bongo drums and weird slide-whistle-like instruments. Occasionally a voice would yell out the names of the characters, like "T-R-N-A!!" It was actually very amusing.

As for where to find it...sorry. I got nothing.

EDIT: Found it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9dhO0iCLww&v3
Enjoy! :)