-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
replying to rejection email
Started by p0gono
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Other than asking for feedback, it seems like a waste of effort on your part and a waste of time on both ends. Such a letter isn't going to change your outcome any. Asking for feedback is a different issue; you're already rejected, so it can't hurt you. If you think it would be useful on the off-chance they respond, go for it. Just be prepared for it not to pan out.Is it inappropriate to reply to rejection emails?
e.g. to express thanks for being considered, to (professionally) express disappointment, or to ask for feedback?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Other than asking for feedback, it seems like a waste of effort on your part and a waste of time on both ends. Such a letter isn't going to change your outcome any. Asking for feedback is a different issue; you're already rejected, so it can't hurt you. If you think it would be useful on the off-chance they respond, go for it. Just be prepared for it not to pan out.
It's not too soon to ask for feedback? I wasn't sure if we had to wait until the cycle was over.
Hell if I know. Again, though...what's it going to hurt? You're already rejected!It's not too soon to ask for feedback? I wasn't sure if we had to wait until the cycle was over.
I'd call and ask if you could ask for feedback...if the admissions office says not until the end of the cycle, do it later.
What would be the point?????
You should ask for feedback (NOT consultation or advice), by contacting the Admissions dean.
You should ask for feedback (NOT consultation or advice), by contacting the Admissions dean.
Is it inappropriate to reply to rejection emails?
e.g. to express thanks for being considered, to (professionally) express disappointment, or to ask for feedback?
Thanks!What would be the point?????
You should ask for feedback (NOT consultation or advice), by contacting the Admissions dean.
It's ok to ask for feedback before the cycle is over?
Only if you get rejected.
Thanks!
It's ok to ask for feedback before the cycle is over?
Dear University or College -
I regret to inform you that I must reject your rejection of my application. I would like to schedule my interview on December 2nd, 2015 at 8:30 am in the 8th floor conference room. I am looking forward to matriculating as a member of your class in the summer of 2016.
All the best,
Psai
I regret to inform you that I must reject your rejection of my application. I would like to schedule my interview on December 2nd, 2015 at 8:30 am in the 8th floor conference room. I am looking forward to matriculating as a member of your class in the summer of 2016.
All the best,
Psai
Only if you get rejected.
At the interviews I've been to, most deans say they don't give feedback until the spring, though the feedback they give is often one on one over Skype or even in person.
what about waitlists?Only if you get rejected.
what about waitlists?
Wait until at least May to inquire about standing within waitlist and feel out your odds at actually getting off said waitlist. Then, politely ask to schedule a meeting for feedback in person or ask for feedback informally through email
You won't get any feedback on those.
I only got feedback last cycle after patiently waiting until just before this cycle opened up. (The following isn't directed @ you Goro) As many of you know the cycles overlap so don't pester the adcoms if they take a couple of weeks to get back to you in may or even june
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My sense is that of the schools that give feedback, they wait until the cycle is over.
Feedback can vary from "you seemed nervous" to a full session of good feedback and pointing out areas of weakness/room for improvement.
Feedback can vary from "you seemed nervous" to a full session of good feedback and pointing out areas of weakness/room for improvement.
I only got feedback last cycle after patiently waiting until just before this cycle opened up. (The following isn't directed @ you Goro) As many of you know the cycles overlap so don't pester the adcoms if they take a couple of weeks to get back to you in may or even june
Why's that? So they provide feedback for pre-interview rejections, post-interview rejections, but not to waitlisted applicants? It seems like the borderline applicants are the most in need of feedback (pre- and post-interview rejections are more likely to have obvious flaws, ie. low stats/glaring gaps in EC's (pre-I) or poor interview skills (post-I), no?You won't get any feedback on those.
Feel free to ask for feedback. Literally nothing else matters.
Because waitlisted applicants are still in contention.
Why's that? So they provide feedback for pre-interview rejections, post-interview rejections, but not to waitlisted applicants? It seems like the borderline applicants are the most in need of feedback (pre- and post-interview rejections are more likely to have obvious flaws, ie. low stats/glaring gaps in EC's (pre-I) or poor interview skills (post-I), no?
Ah I see, I thought you meant even after the application season was over.Because waitlisted applicants are still in contention.
This is the only acceptable reply to a rejection email