Reputation of Long Island/NYC residencies?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

idkididk

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm about to start a surgical subspecialty with Northwell. My fiance will be applying to FM residencies this upcoming fall. We're obviously hoping to live together next year, but there's only maybe 2-3 FM residencies that would make living together feasible. Does anyone have any insights into the reputations of FM programs in Queens/Brooklyn, or the other Northwell affiliates like Plainview? Scurtwork.com is pretty outdated. She's a great applicant, low/mid tier US MD, 230 Step I, 5/7 Honors in 3rd year, Gold Humanism Honors Society. I'd hate for her to be at a miserable program just so that we can live together. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm about to start a surgical subspecialty with Northwell. My fiance will be applying to FM residencies this upcoming fall. We're obviously hoping to live together next year, but there's only maybe 2-3 FM residencies that would make living together feasible. Does anyone have any insights into the reputations of FM programs in Queens/Brooklyn, or the other Northwell affiliates like Plainview? Scurtwork.com is pretty outdated. She's a great applicant, low/mid tier US MD, 230 Step I, 5/7 Honors in 3rd year, Gold Humanism Honors Society. I'd hate for her to be at a miserable program just so that we can live together. Thanks!
Plainview FM A+ program strong recommend. Do a rotation there, be friendly, and show initiative w presenting rounds, notes, do a good job and make sure all the residents know how much you want the spot! low stress program, good people, good learning experience

Reactions: 1 user
Did 3rd and 4th year at Jamaica Medical Center in Queens. At the time ('07-'09) the Family Medicine program there was very good.

Beware the IM program, though. The poor intern I was paired with for my IM rotation. His very first words to me in a very thick Spanish accent: "Jamaica is jungle!" The family residents were treated much better.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user