Request Increase In COA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PrivatePractice5

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals,

I know that there are going to be people who say, you are already paying hundreds of thousands of dollars for school so why would you want to increase your COA.. But I was wondering if anyone has heard of a student being able to request an increase in their cost of attendance at a dental school. Mostly so that they will be left with more money for living and personal expenses after tuition and fees have been accounted for. Barring they had a good reason for wanting the increase would this be a thing a dental school would allow? Like having a family. I mean you'd essentially be putting more money into their pocket. Please feel free to comment below.

Members don't see this ad.

They do allow this but there's a limit and they don't increase it that much.

Hey guys and gals,

I know that there are going to be people who say, you are already paying hundreds of thousands of dollars for school so why would you want to increase your COA.. But I was wondering if anyone has heard of a student being able to request an increase in their cost of attendance at a dental school. Mostly so that they will be left with more money for living and personal expenses after tuition and fees have been accounted for. Barring they had a good reason for wanting the increase would this be a thing a dental school would allow? Like having a family. I mean you'd essentially be putting more money into their pocket. Please feel free to comment below.
The school may or may not do it but there are very specific rules and beyond childcare, “having a family” is not actually a fafsa approved reason

at Tufts fin aid will give you 1k for laptop (i think this is a onetime thing) but you can request 5k increase every year