requestiong LORs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LingoLaine

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm about to request letters of recommendation from a couple of professors, a former employer, and two physicians who know me well... For those of you who have already requested letters, what info did you provide your recommenders? resume? transcripts? copy of personal statement?

I'm expecting great letters from these folks (if I didn't think they would write really positive letters, I wouldn't ask them). That said, I want to do everything I can to make the process as easy as possible for the writers and would love to hear any suggestions you might have to help ensure the letters turn out great.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I always included my CV and PS, but not the transcripts. My cum GPA was on my CV so I figured that was enough. My pre-med committee also had a link for letter writers about what med schools look for in a good letter. I usually included the link in my emails with prospective letter writers.

I used interfolio through my university and it was necessary for them to send in a signed waiver, so I provided that along with my CV, PS and stamped envelopes with address already printed. I made it pretty easy for them, I didn't want it to be an extra task for them. Also give them an actual date for them to turn in it, I gave mine about 2 weeks.