Required LOR submitted after secondary?

Started by poi78
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

poi78

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My schools have all received 3 LORs, but in doing the secondary applications, I see that some schools require specific types of letters. As a result, I have had to ask for an additional letter from a former instructor. If I send this letter to the schools a couple weeks AFTER they receive my secondaries, will it still be reviewed? Or are LORs used early in the decision process? Thanks.
 
They will wait till your application is complete before looking at it.
So does that mean if I submit my secondary but there is still a letter marked as "not received" they will not review it at all until they receive the letter?