1. SDN Mobile is now free on iTunes and on the Google Play Store. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Required LOR submitted after secondary?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by poi78, Aug 23, 2015.

1. poi78

Pre-Medical
    My schools have all received 3 LORs, but in doing the secondary applications, I see that some schools require specific types of letters. As a result, I have had to ask for an additional letter from a former instructor. If I send this letter to the schools a couple weeks AFTER they receive my secondaries, will it still be reviewed? Or are LORs used early in the decision process? Thanks.

2. MangoPotato

2+ Year Member

They will wait till your application is complete before looking at it.

3. OP
    OP
    poi78

Pre-Medical
    So does that mean if I submit my secondary but there is still a letter marked as "not received" they will not review it at all until they receive the letter?

4. MangoPotato

2+ Year Member

Yeah your whole file has to be complete.

5. gonnif

gonnif Only 680 Days Until Next Presidential Election
    Lifetime Donor Verified Account 7+ Year Member

Non-Student
    That is mostly true, however some schools will have a say a 3 letter minimum and/or a committee letter option. They may mark the file complete as long as one of those have been meet. However, this is a minority of schools (as most are using AMCAS for processing, AMCAS system software themselves, or AMCAS compliant 3rd party products)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...