required to update med school transcript for ERAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

inyoface

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys, my transcript was finalized and sent with my residency application before I got one of my fourth year elective grades back that has nothing to do with what I'm applying in. I am applying in radiation oncology and prelim medicine. Notably, I haven't done my medicine sub-I yet. I have two questions:

1) Is it required to upload an updated version of your transcript right before you finalize your rank list, and

2) Since I'm applying in prelim medicine, would it make sense to do that anyway given I don't have my sub-I grade yet? I honored my original 3rd year medicine clerkship so I kinda wanna hang onto that haha

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

hey guys, my transcript was finalized and sent with my residency application before I got one of my fourth year elective grades back that has nothing to do with what I'm applying in. I am applying in radiation oncology and prelim medicine. Notably, I haven't done my medicine sub-I yet. I have two questions:

1) Is it required to upload an updated version of your transcript right before you finalize your rank list, and
No.

2) Since I'm applying in prelim medicine, would it make sense to do that anyway given I don't have my sub-I grade yet? I honored my original 3rd year medicine clerkship so I kinda wanna hang onto that haha

Thanks!

No.

Just leave it alone. Nobody cares about elective grades since they're all Honors anyway. And if you've got Honors in your IM clerkship, that will be good enough for most prelim programs.

I received a message from a program I applied to regarding a missing medical school transcript. I would like to follow up on this, but the thing is, I'm not quite sure where to find it in ERAS.

I've already received interview offers so I thought my medical school transcript had been uploaded.... but obviously not. Are they referring to my MSPE?

The only thing that was not uploaded and available in the ERAS PostOffice when I was contacted about this missing component was my Medical School Performance Evaluation (MSPE).

All of the following are uploaded and available in the ERAS PostOffice:
MyERAS Application
Personal Statement
Photo
USMLE Transcript

I received a message from a program I applied to regarding a missing medical school transcript. I would like to follow up on this, but the thing is, I'm not quite sure where to find it in ERAS.

I've already received interview offers so I thought my medical school transcript had been uploaded.... but obviously not. Are they referring to my MSPE?

The only thing that was not uploaded and available in the ERAS PostOffice when I was contacted about this missing component was my Medical School Performance Evaluation (MSPE).

All of the following are uploaded and available in the ERAS PostOffice:
MyERAS Application
Personal Statement
Photo
USMLE Transcript

"Transcript" should be listed under supporting documents as well and that refers to your transcript that your school has to upload. I would contact your school and figure out what the hold up is.

"Transcript" should be listed under supporting documents as well and that refers to your transcript that your school has to upload. I would contact your school and figure out what the hold up is.

:thumbup: It's sort of like how your photo just popped up in the upload ERAS post-office.
It's still pretty early though. Has your school given you a timeline for when they go out? At Penn, they go out in batches with all of them in by the end of next week.

Our school uploads transcripts Sept 1 by default, but you're allowed to request to wait until Oct 1 if you have any pending grades you want included that will be published during that time between.

My friend did an away at a program he ended up disliking quite a bit (and subsequently probably affected his overall score since it was tough to fake enthusiasm) and ended up with an A- (we still have letter grades). Not exactly what you want to get in an away rotation when people always say "honor your aways", so it's possible he tanked his chances of getting an interview there (it's a competitive program), but at least no other program will see that grade (at least, that's how I understand things to work) since the grade wasn't published until just a few days ago.