Rereading First Aid versus Doing Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

usmlesuccess

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My exam is June 30. Honestly, I don't think that I will have time to reread all of first aid and do many questions. I am a slow reader and it takes me longer to actually absorb what I am rereading. What do you suggest? What is higher yield, rereading or questions? Thanks for your input.

Members don't see this ad.

I am taking my test on the 28th. I plan on rereading first aid / looking at CT / webpath / Physio.

IMO its more high yield to look over things in the last week so that we don't miss points on the test from forgetting something we read a few weeks ago

This is assuming that you did a lot of questions already.

yeah. If you have done at least 1500 questions, I would just do first aid. Maybe take an nbme while you are at it.

if you are under 500 questions, I would just do questions like it is nobody's business. The experience with questions is NECESSARY to doing well. It happens so often that one knows the information but can't recognize how to use it to answer a question. MIght seem basic but it is not.

however once you have that experience, I'd go for the straight up, hard core, uncut, slimely, short skirt wearing, unrefined, right from the belly of the beast (first aid), KNOWLEDGE.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have done around 2500+ questions. But the problem with reading First Aid is that it is a slow process and I find that even when I know the information, there is nothing better than seeing that same information in a question.

I have done around 2500+ questions. But the problem with reading First Aid is that it is a slow process and I find that even when I know the information, there is nothing better than seeing that same information in a question.

Reading FA shouldn't be 'slow' this close to the exam, you should know the information in it cold, and be rereading it only to refresh yourself on the details - not concepts

Reading FA shouldn't be 'slow' this close to the exam, you should know the information in it cold, and be rereading it only to refresh yourself on the details - not concepts

True. You should be able to get through it in 5 days, and with 10 days left till exam time I highly highly recommend trying to make a pass through it to refresh yourself on everything. Sure, you could do about 1000 questions in that time, but you'll only be able to cover a fraction of the material with those 1000 questions. Everything else might get rusty in that time.