1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Reschedule (again)?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by kooi, 05.17.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. kooi

kooi

Pre-Medical
    Hi,

I've been taking practice exams over the past month+ and my scores are nowhere where I want, ( 21,22, 27, and 24 respectively). I've been going back and thoroughly looking at my mistakes for each exam. The first two had content issues and I went back and worked on. I saw a small improvement, but now I've noticed that just about ALL of my mistakes have been from an accumulation of small mistakes including misreading/missing info, along with a bit of test anxiety.

I've recently been working on subject tests individually, along with mixing up passages from full lengths that I made mistakes on, and have been noticing good scores, i.e. (11+).

My exam is now 4 days away. I already rescheduled once, and it seems as if it is looking like I might want to cancel my exam and just sign up for later in the summer. Am I over thinking this (as usual it seems)/paranoid? Or is this something that I can overcome and just have to suck it up and see how it goes?

Btw my target score is 30+.

Thanks

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. StIGMA

StIGMA Doctor Professor 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Verified
    PhD
    If you are not consistently hitting your target score (a realistic target score), you need to reschedule. Dont expect to get lucky on test day. As a backup option instead of canceling, you can take the test and then void, which at least gives you test day experience.

About the ads