Reschedule DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

customx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My DAT is in two days. I've scored 18-23 in every practice test that I've taken. I still haven't taken a full length exam though, but overall, my timing has been fine. I seem to be scoring in the 18-20 range, but my goal from the start has been to get 20+ in every section, which leaves little room for error. When I correct my tests, I always seem to make a stupid mistake on at least 2-3 questions which will make all the difference. I have been studying for months, but have really gone into full on study mode for the last 6 weeks (8-10 hours a day on my days off from work, 4-5 on days I do work). I don't want to have to take this exam again and want to make sure I do it right the first time.
I'm a non-trad student, early 30s and have taken all my pre-dental courses at a CC. I was able to get about a 3.3-3.4 avg. gpa for the classes I took, all while working full time. I already have my BA from UW. Since my GPA isn't stellar, that's why I feel like I've got to make up for it with a high DAT score. What do you think? Should I just take the exam, see how I do, and then if necessary take it again? I'm aware that some schools average scores, while others take the most recent.Thank you everyone

Members don't see this ad.

My DAT is in two days. I've scored 18-23 in every practice test that I've taken. I still haven't taken a full length exam though, but overall, my timing has been fine. I seem to be scoring in the 18-20 range, but my goal from the start has been to get 20+ in every section, which leaves little room for error. When I correct my tests, I always seem to make a stupid mistake on at least 2-3 questions which will make all the difference. I have been studying for months, but have really gone into full on study mode for the last 6 weeks (8-10 hours a day on my days off from work, 4-5 on days I do work). I don't want to have to take this exam again and want to make sure I do it right the first time.
I'm a non-trad student, early 30s and have taken all my pre-dental courses at a CC. I was able to get about a 3.3-3.4 avg. gpa for the classes I took, all while working full time. I already have my BA from UW. Since my GPA isn't stellar, that's why I feel like I've got to make up for it with a high DAT score. What do you think? Should I just take the exam, see how I do, and then if necessary take it again? I'm aware that some schools average scores, while others take the most recent.Thank you everyone
I think you should totally take it. Your scores are good you should feel proud not doubt yourself.

I would def take at least one full practice test before the real deal (even if its just the free 07 ADA)! This is just my opinion but I think you should simulate the test just to get a feel and so you are mentally AND physically prepared. After my first full length practice test I realized how different it is from just taking them by different topics. I think your practice scores look pretty good. Don't worry about those as much as learning from your mistakes and feeling comfortable with the material! Stay positive and you should do great!! Good luck!!

I scored around same as you, I was making 18-23 throughout all my practice exams. I broke a 20+ in each section, except math and path. I didn't study no more than a day for math, and for pat i didn't practice more than 3 exams.

As you can see, it is do-able. I think I should have taken a full practice exam before the real deal. I ran out of time for a lot of my sections.