Rescheduling Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What should I do?

• Try rescheduling

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Go to the interview

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters

OGMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick question, I know it's been answered before but the last thread was 2-3 years ago.

I was invited to an interview at a school and initially scheduled for late September. I ended up calling to reschedule it for November because of an unforeseeable complication at work. Now the date is a couple weeks away but I'm running low on dough from a recent interview trip (see: $1300). Plane tickets for this coming trip are around $400 and my boss is getting to be pretty irritated with me needing so much time off. I make decent enough money that I guess I could pull it off but I would really prefer to push it back slightly for those reasons.

This school specifically states that interviews can only be rescheduled one time. Is it worth it to try rescheduling and risk being rejected (or viewed as not serious about attending) or should I just suck it up and go regardless of the costs and risk pissing of my boss (was planning on getting a letter from him afterwards)? Anyone ever tried to reschedule twice and still gotten in?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.