research assistantship!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

esctasy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi..
im an FTD.can someone plz guide me to how to and to which schools should i apply for research asssitantship in US...
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

hi..
im an FTD.can someone plz guide me to how to and to which schools should i apply for research asssitantship in US...
thanks

You can not do research unless you have F1 or J1 Visa. And you need to be in school in order to do research. Its not a job that you can keep applying every where. You need to have interest, motivation and previous experience in the same research area in order to get into the research program.:thumbup:

hi....thank u so much...to gain an experience what we can do is shadowing a dentist,preceptorship and volunteering activities...now if i want to volunteer as a research assistant(not as a job but only 2 enhance my resume),what path should i follow...should i first try and get into a preceptorship program and then try for it or should i try by mailing the research faculty or look for studies requiring volunteers...im an indian dentist with one year clinical experience but no experience in the research field...

Members don't see this ad :)
You need not be enrolled in a program to apply for VOLUNTEER research assistantship..Find out the dental school close to you...Find the contact numbers for the research faculty..schedule an appnt and meet them in person...

Hope it works for u..i knw it did for many!

thank u so much...i'll surely try it this way..