Research before Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rzees

Reaction score
I begin in August, but I recently received an email from an old professor asking if I would work with her to publish some of my old research. It is a social science type of research project. Specifically, it is how healthcare students (medicine or veterinary medicine) can improve their interpersonal communication skills after utilizing VTS methods. VTS stands for Visual Thinking Strategies and is a technique used to help engage groups with their facilitators, so this research was done to determine how being a facilitator affected future healthcare professionals.

Anyways, I know that research and publications are extremely important for residency applications/programs, but how do they look at research conducted prior to medical school, but published later on? Or do they care as long as you were an author?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Research > No Research. Get that published!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
All your publications will go in your CV, regardless of when you published them. Doesn’t matter when it was.

Get it published.

Reactions: 1 user