Research right before starting med school (deferred)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bonk215

Reaction score
I’m taking a year off before med school to address some health issues that came up (Matriculating in 2023). Currently, I’m also writing a case study on cardiac defects with a fellow and attending from a different medical school than the one I’m going to attend, and hope to get it published in 2023. Would I be able to put this on my CV for residency applications? Would it even matter?

Members don't see this ad.

I’m taking a year off before med school to address some health issues that came up (Matriculating in 2023). Currently, I’m also writing a case study on cardiac defects with a fellow and attending from a different medical school than the one I’m going to attend, and hope to get it published in 2023. Would I be able to put this on my CV for residency applications? Would it even matter?
Yes, all peer reviewed publications count, including those from undergrad and gap years. Once you publish it's out there forever and it will stay on your CV for life.

Reactions: 2 users