Research - can I include this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

packerland

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have not done my own research or assisted in a grad student or doctorate's research. The only "research" I have conducted was in my two general biology courses. In these courses, we had to design our own experiments with three other students and present them at a poster symposium at the end of the course. Neither of them have had publications. But are these things I should still include in my dental school application? Would it be beneficial? Or are they too informal to be included? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't. I did the same thing my freshman year, and it was really the equivalent of a glorified science fair project. Not something I would want to try and impress the adcoms with.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thats not research, its like including the research you did for lab reports or essays

I have not done my own research or assisted in a grad student or doctorate's research. The only "research" I have conducted was in my two general biology courses. In these courses, we had to design our own experiments with three other students and present them at a poster symposium at the end of the course. Neither of them have had publications. But are these things I should still include in my dental school application? Would it be beneficial? Or are they too informal to be included? Thanks!
Do-not-think-it-means.jpeg

Relevant research = working under a P.I. with a PhD with the sole purpose of publishing in a journal.

Reactions: 1 user