Research Dental schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

waitingame

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I was just wondering what some common research dental schools are because I have not done any while in undergrad and dont want to waste my time applying some where that research is a high priority. Also I am from Ohio and have a 3.5 gpa taking the dat soon. Is there any others you would recommend?
Right now I am applying to:

Marquette University (MQT)

New York University (NYU)

Nova Southeastern University (NSU)

The Maurice H. Kornberg School of Dentistry, Temple University (TEMP)

The Ohio State University (OSU)

Tufts University (TUF)

University of Detroit Mercy (UDM)

University of Kentucky (UK)

University of Louisville (UL)

University of Maryland (MYD)

University of Michigan (MICH) \

University of Minnesota (MIN)

University of Pittsburgh (PITT)

Members don't see this ad.

Also what is the deal with McHarry and having such a low gpa. I have heard that they preference underprivileged but what are the chances of a white person that is not underprivileged getting in?

I'm of the opinion that there's not really such a thing as a "research" school. I don't really think there's any dental school out there that's going to require you to spend a significant amount of time on dental research, save maybe Harvard which I believe has an actual requirement.

Members don't see this ad :)
"Meharry" not Mcharry strongly prefers the minorities and if you are not a minority you have to have strong stats to get in (like you have higher chance of getting into other dental schools than Meharry)

Any school that "prefers" certain ethnic backgrounds is not worth $60.

Research is not going to be a priority for predoctoral people. It may be for postdoctoral(residency) depending on the program. Just apply to whichever school you prefer. The research part is up to you. If you don't want to get involved in it that's okay. In fact the vast majority of people regardless of school(except possibly Harvard) don't bother with research. Think about it us predoctoral people are just learning the fundamentals, research is new knowledge generation we really are not in a position to add to new knowledge in a significant way.