Research experience competitive for T20?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

InfamousDoc

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was a research volunteer at a prestigious institution for about 9 months. I accumulated about 1200 hours and a co-authorship on a publication. I will not be applying to M.D/PhD programs. Is my experience competitive for T20 schools assuming all of my other stats are within T20 range?

Members don't see this ad.

I was a research volunteer at a prestigious institution for about 9 months. I accumulated about 1200 hours and a co-authorship on a publication. I will not be applying to M.D/PhD programs. Is my experience competitive for T20 schools assuming all of my other stats are within T20 range?
Yes, assuming your other stats (MCAT, GPA) are competitive for T20 MD programs. Your co-authorship and 1200 hours are good, too.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Not only your stats have to be within range, but you need to have clinical engagement and community service, too.
Yes, I do have clinical and community service volunteering. Assuming my stats and other EC's are adequate for T20, is my research experience competitive for T20?