research experience essay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

reallyconfused1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knew how technical to make the research experience essay. For example, if I was doing work that is rather uncommon should I just name the technique and hope they know what it is? or should I give a description of how it works. If the latter, how technical should the description be?

Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

you should be as minimally technical as possible so that someone from any field can gain a basic appreciation with limited effort. For example, I had to write about a more complex electrochemical sensing technique and I limited my explanation to 2 sentences.

There are other threads that discuss this topic. Briefly, your emphasis should really be on the scientific process, hypotheses, how you approached testing them, your involvement in particular, etc..

I also am having difficulty with my research experience essay. I have done a lot of research during high school and college. Should I include a description of research projects that I am currently working on?