Research Experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phdhopeful2011

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm hoping to apply for my Phd for the fall of 2011. However, I have limited research experience (1 semester in undergrad and 8 months post undergrad work, I also spent a year on my masters thesis). I was wondering where can I look for research? I've applied to 20 positions within the Philadelphia/NY area. Anything would be greatly appreciated. I wouldn't mind relocating or volunteering.

Members don't see this ad.

I forgot to state that my interest is in health psychology and I've applied to all the major hospitals in the area.

Well - you might just have to relocate then! If you really want to work in a hospital, you might have to apply to more. The hospital where I currently work hires a lot of people from July-September as some of the RAs here move on to various graduate programs. Keep checking out postings and perhaps look outside of the NYC/Philly area. Moving sucks, but the experience will probably be worth it.