Gaining research experience before graduate school.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kchro1

Reaction score
I want to apply for a PhD program for Fall 2023 but I am having trouble finding research opportunities to put on my applications as experience. Other than my university, where could I call to have these opportunities? I called private psychologist offices but they don’t have anyone practicing research and don’t know where to refer me for this.

Members don't see this ad.

Private practices wont have much going on and really, you will need to look at academic units - universities, Veteran Affair medical centers (depending on what they have going) and academic medical centers. What barriers did you run into at your university / nearby universities?

Reactions: 2 users
Private practices wont have much going on and really, you will need to look at academic units - universities, Veteran Affair medical centers (depending on what they have going) and academic medical centers. What barriers did you run into at your university / nearby universities?
The seminar that you posted a bit ago just went over where to find these opportunities today.
  • They mentioned that there are paid research opportunities that take post-bach students in some cities. Check LinkedIn, Glassdoor, etc for those.
  • They mentioned checking at local schools and universities, of course
  • They also mentioned just networking and asking around. Go on Twitter, Forums, etc.
There's opportunities around, you may have to do some searching though.

Reactions: 1 user